Tigahboy's 30g Reef

Tigahboy

Hey everyone,

I'm new to these boards and just wanted to share some photos of my baby!

Tank Details:

30g show acrylic - 36x12x16(h)
-50 lb. LR, Fiji Pink Arag Sand
20g AGA sump/fuge tank in stand
-15 lb. LR and a jungle of chaeto

250w Aqua Medic Ocean Light pendant w/ 20K DE HQI AB bulb
Aqua C Remora Skimmer
Aqua Clear HOB w/ Chemipure and Poly Filter

I initially started w/ a Via Aqua 28g and I then transferred everything over into my current 30g + 20g sump.

This is one of my favorite full tank shots, taken on 1-14-05:
0114full.jpg

Tigahboy

Photos of my fish...

My B&W and Orange Ocellaris pair...
0110i.jpg

0110e.jpg

Photos of my 6-line and cherub (but cherub has been taken out recently)...
0110g.jpg

0110h.jpg

Tigahboy

mkpaulson said:
Welcome to the reefsanctuary, your tank is absolutely beautiful very well done!!
Thanks for the welcome and compliment, mark! pleasure to meet you. =)

Tigahboy

The pinks...

Although I tried to fight it as long as I could, I finally caved and realized that it's okay for a guy to have pink in his tank! haha. And no reef is fully complete w/o pink IMO. ;)

Pink blasto wellsi
0121g.jpg

Hot pink echinophyllia
0121h.jpg

CoCo Worm
105c.jpg

Pink Birds Nest
1226e.jpg

My monster pink yuma - over 3" in diameter
1226a.jpg

Tigahboy

Most updated full tank shot - 2-1-05

I'm trying to convert my tank into primarily SPS and LPS only. So i sold a lot of my zoo's and ric floridas. Hence a lot of missing coral in this pic from the first one I posted above. Looks a little more bare to me now. but I'll fill up the spaces soon enough. =)

0201b.jpg

Okay, that's all for now. Hope you've enjoyed the photos! I'll post more as I take them.

mps9506

BTW, how do you like your lighting setup?
I have a 36x18x15 tank with 2x250 watt halides in a PFO parallel reflector.
I'm considering going to a single 400watt or maybe 250 watt DE setup.
I would probably have to purge my SPS collection to only the ones I really really want.

Tigahboy

Thanks! So far I've been happy w/ my one 250w DE pendant. To be safe, I've limited the SPS to pretty much the very top of the tank. I've seen great color retention and actually a lot of improved coloration, but I think I could move them a little lower if I wanted since the tank is only 16" tall.

But I doubt I can keep them as colorful towards the very ends of my tank w/ the one pendant.

Here's a macro pic of my most recent addition...blue polyp danae...it's a monster and I definitely will need to frag it down.

0128a.jpg

Maxx

TB,
Glad you mde it over here! Your tank looks gorgeous...as always.
I had to laugh at your struggle to come to terms with the color pink! Glad you were able to accept it.

I wanna see some close ups of your two clams! The tear drop is really sharp and your new Crocea is smokin!

Nick

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
WELCOME TO REEFSANCTUARY!!! :D

VERY nice tank!! The photos are awesome and the corals are absolutely beautiful!! Everything looks very happy and healthy!! Well done~~

Tigahboy

thanks for the comments, guys!

I have to take an updated pic of the clams, but here's a couple I took a couple of weeks ago.

Gold & Blue Teardrop Maxima
0110n.jpg

104e.jpg

The pic of my crocea the first day I got him.
0118a.jpg

Gina

RS STAFF
Absolutley outstanding! Beautiful reef! Love the clams, they look very happy! I also enjoyed the Pink Yuma and CoCo Worm they really stand out in your tank. By the way, have you check out our Acan thread? You should post some shots of your there!
Welcome to our Sanctuary!

Tigahboy

Thanks, everyone!

haha...too funny, Fate...I dont think i took over (I just liked to post pictures a lot). But I would like to diversify and see other reef communities online and hopefully get away from some of the drama. =) And a "sanctuary" sure does sound like the best place for that. lol.