thinking about getting a carpet.

Hello guys,
I am thinking about getting a carpet anemone. I heard they can kill fish and are hard to keep is this true. I just wanna say everything is perfect in my tank 0
nitrite ammonia 0 nitrate 0 to 5ppm/ salinity 1.026./ ph 8.4 /caliseum 450ppm/ mag 1360/. M:tongue:y lights are good a HO t5 system and a LED system. i have a flower pot coral a BTA ,zoas, some stalk coral, and a xenia. are these good anemones to keep or should i not even pay attention to them.
thanx in advance

Midnight

I'm not sure but I think most carpet anemone live on the sand bed so I would just make sure your getting enough light to the bottom of the tank. I know there has been post about them eating fish but I would think as long as you keep them fed you shouldn't have any issues. Good luck and I am sure someone who owns one will chime in soon. I'm going to follow along to because I was thinking of getting one soon too :)

lcstorc

Beautiful animals but very hard to keep. You need to have a super stable tank to even think about it. Yes, they will eat any fish that gets close enough. They get absolutely huge and will take over your tank rather rapidly.

i have a stable tank if I can keep a genopora and a BTA i could definitely keep a carpet right. i know they get big but how big ca they get?

Blitzburggirl

Hello guys,
I am thinking about getting a carpet anemone. I heard they can kill fish and are hard to keep is this true. I just wanna say everything is perfect in my tank 0
nitrite ammonia 0 nitrate 0 to 5ppm/ salinity 1.026./ ph 8.4 /caliseum 450ppm/ mag 1360/. M:tongue:y lights are good a HO t5 system and a LED system. i have a flower pot coral a BTA ,zoas, some stalk coral, and a xenia. are these good anemones to keep or should i not even pay attention to them.
thanx in advance

Depends which "carpet anemone" you choose to keep. Also, how hold is your tank? Until it's been stable for at least 6 months (a year is better) it's better to hold off. Also, there is alot of ancedotal data saying that with a bta in the tank, alot of haddoni's (the sand dweller) don't like to stay put. Maybe you'd be interested in maxi minis :) They are pretty darn awesome :) Colorful, and don't grow to be over a foot and a half (like my haddoni is right now..)

How big is your tank? And, keeping goniopora isn't exactly an indicator. They have totally different needs. As do btas. And, also, such as many marine inverts.. keeping means alot of things (and I don't know anything about your tank, or you.. :) Other than this post.. Keeping means alot more than alive, it means thriving. And, it can take months, even years, for some animals in captivity to waste away.