The WART TANK CHRONICLE! start of the 3 month facelift

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Preface. I HATE my tank, there its out! Thats why I rarely ever post pics, sheer embarrassment :away: I have to change this as Ive been into it for too long and deep down Im sure with some assistance it can be rebuilt, we have the technology right?
My salty mess is 8 years old, very stable, well equipped just aesthetically very disappointing to me. I putting an x mass deadline on it or it will just sit and stay a wart. Tomorrow I will make an equipment and stock inventory. :wave: Thanks Steve ( after serious pondering Im going to push the submit button, not delete)

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Oh come on Steve, it can't be that bad! This will most likely be the most comical chronicle on RS. Show us your wart!:D

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
OK I have issues, biggest challenge is the sandbed crushed coral 3+'' deep never touched but no problems for trates, second concern is coloration, its so girlie pink maybe its the vho lighting too much blue? and last? too much LR or just badly placed? Rock and the hard place are coming to mind. Thanks for the comments everyone, Its kinda like a bad car wreck,i dont want to look but cant help myself

kathywithbirds

It can't be all bad. I like girly pink myself. I'd like to redo some things about my tank so I'm sympathetic.

Post some pics and maybe those with a glut of experience can address the things that bug you. It could be that changing a few key things might make a big difference in hwo your tank looks.

cracker

Sasquatch ,For what it's worth, Your not the only one out there . I have serious issues with my tank as well. Don't miss the fact that you still have the resolve to improve!

Techno-Vicki

I'm in. Got my popcorn and ready for the show:whstlr: So, are you getting a major facelift to the extent of a new face or just a peal? Are we talking putting your corals and live stock into another tank or just setting up another tank and letting it cycle. Eiht years, yeah, I'd say it was time for a change. Lets see some pics. I promise, we won't laugh. We are all your friends.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
I'm in. Got my popcorn and ready for the show:whstlr: So, are you getting a major facelift to the extent of a new face or just a peal? Are we talking putting your corals and live stock into another tank or just setting up another tank and letting it cycle. Eiht years, yeah, I'd say it was time for a change. Lets see some pics. I promise, we won't laugh. We are all your friends.

OH PLEASE LAUGH! its all that keeps me going lol, dunno yet where Im going, just want to "cycle" my brain tank first, its the forest and the trees thing

jg2269jg

sasquatch. dont feel bad i hate my scaping powers as well but post some pics and let everyone help. The first step to change is to admit you have a problem right i think that is the 1st step in the 7 step method of reef addictions.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
There is a display reef at a LFS here that is one of the most beautiful reefs I've ever seen. It's a softies tank that glows pink. Most of the corals are red or shades of pink. The T5's reflecting off the coral tissue causes a pink glow from the tank. It's is unique and my favorite reef! Ask TBittner!

Techno-Vicki

sasquatch. dont feel bad i hate my scaping powers as well but post some pics and let everyone help. The first step to change is to admit you have a problem right i think that is the 1st step in the 7 step method of reef addictions.

Could'nt agree more!! But, something to think about, as long as you are 'building and redesigning' something, it is never finished. What tank really is? It is an ongoing work. Changing the coal to a diamond:snshne: How fun is that? WAY FUN!!!!!!

Frankie

RS STAFF
I also thought I had to much rock Sas. I just re-scaped my tank and am finally happy. I used all 208 lbs and it looks less then before. Go check it out in my thread. I hated it before and am loving it for the first time i think.

lcstorc

I wish you were in the states. I would gladly take some of that pink off of your hands. I am tired of purple and brown in my tank and am always on the lookout for something nice and pink or red.
See every tank is different.
Now how bout a pic or two. We will laugh with you not at you. Promise.

blue_eyes53813

Dont feel bad Steve, I hate my rockwork as well. It is just there and nothing fancy. I cant rearrange mine because my tank is pretty full with coral. It will be just to much to move and risk harming.

How about a picture? Maybe just a rescape and some new corals of different colors will help break up the PINK look.. Good luck

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
OK I have issues, biggest challenge is the sandbed crushed coral 3+'' deep never touched but no problems for trates, second concern is coloration, its so girlie pink maybe its the vho lighting too much blue? and last? too much LR or just badly placed? Rock and the hard place are coming to mind. Thanks for the comments everyone, Its kinda like a bad car wreck,i dont want to look but cant help myself

You are SO special (a good special ;) )! I love honesty coupled with humor! :snshne:

I have seen a pic on a thread of your reef and I thought it was gorgeous so I think you are just overly critical of your reef (as am I of mine); However, I do understand aquascaping horrors since my reef is currently in a very 'ugly' state and not worthy of pictures.

Dive in and rescape! You will feel like you have a brand new reef :whstlr:

Edit: I have to spread-it around before I give you karma again...

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
:rougiem: spidey dance of JOY! lol, thank you, im out of karma too:) Sometimes I think the tank is a personal mirror, for me I get one maybe two days a year when I think look almost human, about the same with the tank, at any rate Im going thru the process and doing this, desire is uplifting:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.