The ol' gluing acrylic thread :D

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Ok so I am gluing my baffles and sock holders in place and I am using an adhesive similar, if not better than Weld on #3-4 this stuff is easy to work with despite the fact it's thin as water it sucks right in between as it should which is kinda neat lol "sorry I'm still amused by the little things", my acrylic inserts are not perfectly smooth or square with the sump and I was wondering if there is a silicone or like sealant that I could apply in all the corners for an extra seal.

I'm sure the leaks if any are minimal and the inserts are very secure just looking for an extra seal that's probably not needed :)

Beside the little things that don't really matter it's turning out nice, this is only my second time gluing acrylic to acrylic so not perfect but I'm happy with it, next time I do this I found a place to get my piece cut rather than scored and broke at lowes so that will make a huge difference in fit and finish.

Thanks

Alien2100

You mind find this technique helpful the next time you glue acrylic. Building an Acrylic Aquarium
And you are right, finding a shop that specializes in Acrylic is going to give you a much cleaner cut, and may even router the edges for a few dollars more. Not to mention they'll have a better selection.

rgfast

Weldon 16 is the best for filling gaps and always use scraper to clean edges before glueing for much better finsh

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
I used that watery glue like weldon 4 and it turned out nice, I am no longer concerned about the extra seal :)

Much easier than I expected.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
I don't know about a pro but it did turn out decent, I'll never claim perfect but I was surprised :D

I have found I really enjoy working with acrylic may start looking for some type of work in that field although there isn't much in this area.