The new 55 (& other pics)

ReefLady

Staff member
Some of you may remember my sand bed issue and how I was waiting until we moved into the new house to tear it apart. A couple weeks ago we moved, I collapsed everything, including the prop tank, into a bare-bottom 55 until I can make other arrangements. The 55 doesn't look half bad for a temp, though it's mighty full:

3fulltank8771web.jpg

Here's a mid-tank shot

3midtank8807web.jpg

One of several "zo gardens" since all my broodstock and frags are in there

3zogarden8812web.jpg

...and a few more I snapped off just because I had the camera out:

3kenyascene8800web-med.jpg

3betterblenny8795web.jpg

3greendigi8821web-med.jpg

3purpdig8819web.jpg

After an adjustment period, many of my corals look much better than they did in the old tank with the PO4/algae issues. You can see above the branching hammer and montiporas look pretty happy. Unfortunately the only one still not out of its funk is the frogspawn. I'm thinking maybe it has something to do with the algal growth on the skeleton, but I'm going to just give it some more time.

Thanks for looking! :)

T

Gina

RS STAFF
Congrats on getting everything moved in ok! Great shots as always. Hope the move went well for you. Where did you finally decide to put your main tank?

wooddood

the wood dude
:D looks awesome t, i did the same thing when i moved my 120 last week.setup the 55 and moved everything into it before tearing down the 120.but my 55 did'nt look as good as yours but it was full, man was it full.lol. maybe you should just leave the 55 full and start over on the big tank.not lol.

ReefLady

Staff member
Moved this to the Chronicle forum, though this tank's life may be like a short story, as everything (except the anthelia I hope) will be moving into the 180 in time.

semigodd154

Travis I noticed once my frogspawn got to about 20 heads it started to open less I fragged it into 4 sections of 5 heads each and sold 3 of the frags back to the lfs that i got it from in the first place i trippled my investment and my FS has never looked better this was about a year ago and almost at 20 heads again so its time to break out the dremmel again BTW the tank looks great cant wait to see it once you get everything transferred.