The Bluespot Club

Billerbong

Can't thank you enough for the advice! I will look further into auto feeders seems like they run 50 to 70 bucks but are on ebay and such for less. I would just worry that the clowns would get the food before a bottom dweller with out using target feeding or something. Local fish store says the little guy arrived today and they will hold him for me until Sunday, I am going to go for it! One feeding per day seems much more manageable than three. I will keep everyone posted once I have him. Any other words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated. Has anyone used an auto feeder for a bsjf? Gobies and bennies look pretty cool I will check some out.

Thanks!!!

Billerbong

So lately jaws has been constantly swimmingly around the tank... I'm hoping this means he's feeling comfortable and not the opposite. This generally starts when I shut the pumps off to feed my corals and than continues for an hour after that. Posted some recent pictures! He's by far my favorite fish

seafansar

My blue in my seahorse tank! Makes a great tank mate with seahorses. :) He's been in the tank for a little over 3 months now.

DSC_1678_zpse2f466d4.jpg

DSC_1686_zpsf8df5185.jpg

DSC_1688_zpsb42dfb32.jpg

seafansar

Thanks! This guy has been doing really well. I think it helps that it's a very peaceful tank. There's only him, 6 seahorses, and a diamond watchman goby (which I think the jawfish would prefer to live without). I made the mistake with my last bluejaw thinking a1/2" mesh screen top would keep him in my 150gallon reef, but sadly he somehow managed to hit the screen just right and I found him on the floor the next morning. With this guy, I made a screen top with only 1/4" mesh. Seems to be doing the trick. I have been keeping the tank temp around 73 degrees, mainly for the seahorses, but I like that bluejaws can tolerate lower temps. Works great with seahorses!

Oxylebius

Seems to be doing the trick. I have been keeping the tank temp around 73 degrees, mainly for the seahorses, but I like that bluejaws can tolerate lower temps. Works great with seahorses!

Fantastic!

Do you have a reef chronicle? Would like to read up on your temperate tank. What other species are in your tank?

There are other temperate species you can add as well if you are so inclined! This is a fantastic little fish that should do well in a tank like yours (tank mates and temp-wise) or perhaps this one!

seafansar

Thought I'd give an update. It's been a little over a year (1/10/14) and my bluespot is still doing good. He's very brave now. I guess the seahorses don't pose much of a threat to him. lol. I'm doing a much needed tank cleaning today and I'll have to get some new pictures taken of him.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hey Lorraine,

Great to see you back posting on RS !!! Exciting to hear you are getting a new tank build and back in the bsjf club !!! Look forward to seeing pics & reading more of your Bluespot wisdom !!! :clownfish:

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I so admire you that successfully keep a Bluespot Jawfish! :yeehoo:
They are the most amazing looking little characters.
Not an easy fish to keep from all I have read.....I would never try one because I have a fear of worrying too much about one in my tank.
:camera:I'd love to see MORE BSJF PICTURES.