The best wine for you

The best wine for you

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Nah, I actually make my own wine from time to time.

Little shine is not a bad thing either but I'm not equiped for that. lol :D

Paul B

I like doing things myself so of course the best wine for me is the stuff I make myself. We buy 100 cases of grapes, a few different types and have a press and de stemmer.
We also make a little Port, my favorite and Grappa which will kill you or blow up your house. :cool:
But when I buy it, I like Pino Noir or Pino Grecio, Merlot or almost anything that is not to dry.

SPR

I make it as well Paul on an Industrial scale to keep me and my wife in liquor! I also make my own English ales with kegs, bar etc. Been doing it for about 5 years and prior to that I spent a fortune on wine! I drink primarily reds but also make white as well.

I don’t bottle anymore for the last year. I just leave in demijohns until needed and then put it into a 20litre bag in a box (wine box). So much easier!

We cant easily get grapes in the volume needed here in the U.K., so I use the Winexpert Kits mainly the high end Eclipse kits. The wine it produces is pretty much as good as you buy otherwise I wouldn’t do it.

Same with the beer, because it’s made for my own tastes, I can’t bare to drink beer from pubs anymore, tastes like fizzy water!

And sat outside in the garden drinking something you have made yourself, that tastes that good, is truly wonderful! Lol

Paul B

WE haven't made it in 2 years because my friend who stores all the equipment moved. We may stat up again soon. The last time we made 150 gallons of which I think I only have one bottle left.

It costs about $2.50 to make a bottle not counting thousands for the de stemmer, vats etc.
I never tried to make beer but we drink much more wine and buy it by the case. We use our boat a lot and have people on a few times a week. :D