The best number of Anthias

Basile

I'm going to get myself some Anthias, Barttlet , because they're smaller and i can get a better number of them in my 150 reef.

What would be a great number, i was thinking 1 male and 6 female.

Is their something i should know about them, i know if the male dies the biggest female will change but other than feeding them 4-5 times a day, i'm not familiar with them.

DaveK

That's about the group I would use.

The biggest problems are feeding them, because of the constant food requirements. Make sure your up to it.

mr_tap_water

I found groups between 4 to 6 worked pretty well and found most types pretty much the same to look after, not as hard for some people think just that they have small stomachs and need to be fed more regular also it doesn't really matter if you have a male in the beginning or not, as the most dominant one will change sex and become the male, as what happened to mine more or less I had six Lyretail Anthias which one was the male and he jumped one night and I lost him and within a number weeks One of the female started changing. One more thing to add they do like Rock coverage to hide in and sleep at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: