The 20

Uslanja

So........my heart is pounding, my arm is weak, and the small cut that I have in my thumb is stinging from the salt water. I just fed my mantis with tweezers for the first time. I really thought that I would have to try this several times before he would take the shrimp! But he came out of his hole, took a good look, and gently took the food that I offered. Awesome! My only problem is....Dave wasn't paying attention, and he missed it all!!!! LOL
So, my question is, how often should I offer food to him this way?

Uslanja

Tracy, Tracy, Tracy..... as another RS member is fond of saying; "no picture, then it didn't happen"!

Dave

Uslanja

Just received an email from Gary and his Majestic is doing well, very good news indeed!! It was early morning and the snow was falling and the wind howling outside so an extra cup of coffee and the excuse of taking some tank pictures was the order of the day. Here is a shot of one of Tracy`s Yellow Tail Damsel fish. No idea which fella this one is but he was the only one that I was able to get at least slightly focused.

One of Tracy`s Yellow Tail Damsel fish

IMG_9232_edited-1.jpg

A piece of rubble that we had picked up for the mantis to smash is actually a hidden cup coral colony and showing abundant life and we`re hoping it will continue to thrive.

IMG_9234_edited-1.jpg

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Great pics :dance:

Camera Maker: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS REBEL T1i
Image Date: 2012-01-29 08:57:05 (no TZ)
Focal Length: 60.0mm
Aperture: f/2.8
Exposure Time: 0.010 s (1/100)
ISO equiv: 3200
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: shutter priority (semi-auto)
White Balance: Manual
Flash Fired: No (enforced)
Color Space: sRGB
GPS Coordinate: undefined, undefined
Software: Adobe Photoshop Elements 7.0

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Access the forum with Mozilla Firefox browser, get the add on Fxif & when you right click on any pic, you get to see the camera, lens & how the pic was shot :dance:

Uslanja

This morning I had the very rare opportunity to be alone and enjoy a quiet cup of coffee while enjoying the tanks. Dave was at work and Sean was still sleeping. So I picked up my camera and had a little fun.

This is an unidentified clam feeding.
2012_0217Mantis0093_edited-1.jpg

2012_0217Mantis0070_edited-1.jpg

This is a side view.
2012_0217Mantis0078_edited-1.jpg

A little orange squirt on a piece of rubble.
2012_0217Mantis0125_edited-1.jpg

Another squirt.
2012_0217Mantis0112_edited-1.jpg

And of course, Manni keeping an eye on me.
2012_0217Mantis0124_edited-1.jpg

Uslanja

Hi Devon! So far I have fed Manni selected pieces from Rod's frozen food and small chunks of raw Black tiger shrimp that I bought at the fish market. I peeled and washed the shrimp, chopped it in small chunks and then spread all the chunks on a cookie baking sheet and froze it. When it was frozen, I put it in a container in the freezer.