tank stand build question

nightfire76

so guys i am bout done with my new tank stand and thought of something....in completely inclosed and wondering about too much heat.....first as far as why its inclosed is cause the tank is in my the wifes and i's bedroom and i'd like to keep a reverse light cycled in the sump.....as far as air goes i will have my ATO besides the tank in a box i will make for it to hide it but will have openings i think if anyone thinks i need that and i will make a small hole to fit airline to my skimmer......as far as what will be in the stand making heat are......the sump light....skimmer pump....return pump and heater in water....i believe thats all.......so what do ya guys think?

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
the humidity and heat build up inside the cabinet will be terrible, if there is salt involved its worse as dried salt spray will suck up any moisture and make it run and be constantly wet, a couple of small computer fans on opposite sides, one pushing one pulling will solve the problem without too much fuss

nightfire76

btw i cant put them at each end because i put doors there....though i might can put one on each end of the back.....one pushing air in and the other pushing it out

nightfire76

another idea i thought of is making vents behinde the stand to let air in and out with that black foam stuff....that might work too and if so though how large should they be?

cjrudy

Fans just inside, or venting to the outside. My stand is also completely enclosed and its very humid in there.