Susan's Grand 125 Adventure

Susanedw

Time for an update. I think second tank is like second child--you aren't as excited over certain milestones like: tank is over a month old. My other tank I was right here posting my month birthdays! Lots going on. First fish:

I must have a wrasse Jinx as I ordered 4 from Live Aquaria
The Lubbocks had/has a spinal injury. Still alive at 3 weeks. Only laying on sand but must be eating as hey, it's still alive. Not much hope here.

The McCoskers wrasse died. No reason but it never seemed as robust or healthy. Wasn't surprised. Got refunds on both even though the lubbocks is still alive as I don't expect it to live

Decided to move the Ruby and Blue head, along with 2 clowns to the display as the qt is getting icky with dinos. Doing 4 gal water changes every 2-3 days. I just don't have good luck with water quality in a qt.

Casualty #3: While netting the fish the Ruby head jumped and hit the rim (I think). I catch him and the rest, put in bucket and Ruby is all curled up. Da**. Back into the QT with the Lubbocks to see if he recovers.

So out of 3 wrasse, only the blue head made it to the display. Really bummed. Will get more but next fish need to be cheap chromis and maybe a damsel or 2 to go with the 1 I have.

My son in law has a powder blue tang for me. he needs qt as he doesn't qt fish. Has him in his frag tank until I can take him. He got that one and a brown powder and the 2 fight. So i have to decide how and when to get him. I don't have a lot or hardly any algae yet. Plus I want 2 other tangs so have to figure out how to do this. Get 2 others in and through qt, then do him or get him in and add some chromis and damsels to the qt with him--they will all have to go through copper as all tangs must do copper. I could add him to my 66 gal tank until I get 2 more tangs for other tank. Don't think I have ich in my tank but who knows. Would like a couple more batches of fish before tangs. Not sure how hard it will be to catch him in my 66. Or I just have 1 tang. Or take my changes on adding others after him. Fish drama and dilemas

Next post corals
20180329_202724-jpg.710875
20180329_202750-jpg.710876
20180329_202813-jpg.710877
20180329_202853-jpg.710878
20180329_202925-jpg.710879

Susanedw

Oh, in less than 2 months, I have coraline. Spotted it on glass a week ago or so and today I can see it on the rocks. Had to use my flipper to scrape it off glass. That was a surprise. Figured 4-6 months at least. Hoping this means tank is pretty stable. Having to dose to bring numbers up. Will be getting a doser sooner than later.

Okay, coral update. Got a really nice piece of galaxea. Super long stinging tentacles. That will go up higher and out of the way! Also picked up a nice cup coral and 2 zoa frags that are pretty sorry looking but only 10 bucks. I think both will perk up and be nice.

Here is what I have to date and the status. They all start off in qt but not for 76 days at this point. Mostly to see how they are doing and get them healthy as the qt has hydra 26's
Galaxea--in qt, looking great
Cup--in qt, looking great
2 zoa frags. Opening. One not bad. Other needs some tlc
branching gps--in display and glued to rock
Silver gps--in display and glued to rock
Green torch--in display and doing great
2 micromussas - in display. We're trying to find our sweet spot. If they don't get happy soon, back to qt to get a bit more time
mandarin orange sedosa from 66 gal--in display, nice PE. Ready to find permenant spot and glue
Reverse sunset from 66 gal--in display and ready to glue in where ever I decide to put it
Stylophora--in display for a few days and still doing great. Lots of PE
Tenius acropora in display for a few days and still has lots of PE
Pavona in qt. Waiting to see some PE
Gonipora in qt. Prob. to 66 but might try 125
Hammer moved from 66 to 125. Wasn't happy in 66 where I had it. We'll see how it does here
Duncan doing great. REady to find it's perm. spot.
So not a bad start to corals.

Need to get a wet vac for sump during water changes. Also, fuge has algae. Not sure if I should cut lights, change lights or leave it be. Has some dragons breath I think and live rock and sand.

Right side. Coraline on glass, neon torch, micro
20180325_194954-jpg.710884

2 different gsp's. See pic in prev. post for placement on rock. This pic older
20180325_194959-jpg.710885

Stylophora, tenius, sedosa, reverse sunset, duncan, micro unhappy in back. Moved it today
20180325_202332-jpg.710886

Susanedw

Some good news!! Looks like the Ruby survived. Saw it swimming in qt this am so netted him, he went thru some drama, had me thinking "oh sh** not again, but I put him in the display and he's out swimming and eating just fine...

The blue head was hiding but finally saw him come out and eat. Clowns hugging the back right corner not interested in eating. Will turn off ph's and squirt food there later. That corner has very little flow--ph and returns point away. Will be adding another eflux that will blow current toward that side in a month or so