SunnyX's Reef

SunnyX

About the Algae-

What i did was go out and purchase more powerheads. I then took out ALL the rocks and scrubed them down with a tooth brush. I than cranked up the PH and dripped Kalkwasser 24/7. After that I left the lights off for 5 days. Little by little everything was gone.

Main factor I belive is the waterflow and Kalkwasser ,Plus switching to 20k bulbs .

SunnyX

Any Ideas???

111DSCN1881.jpg

addict

An acropora of some kind... ;)

Other than that I'm clueless... beautiful coral though... congrats. :clink:

SunnyX

I think im gonna have to get rid of the sand in my tank. My damsel keeps digging holes. This makes the water look foggy and I cant have that. Probebly gonna add some starboard when I remove the sand.

I would remove the damsel (just an opinion). Your sand bed looks great, it would be a waste for $10 fish. Plus, damsels may be hard to catch but removing a sand bed would be a grip of work and not to mention the smell. Ever thought about Chromis?

Scooterman

Originally posted by beyondreef
I would remove the damsel (just an opinion). Your sand bed looks great, it would be a waste for $10 fish. Plus, damsels may be hard to catch but removing a sand bed would be a grip of work and not to mention the smell. Ever thought about Chromis?

Ever try and catch a damsel in a loaded tank, they are smart?
Chromis Is a Damsel & can be very territorial, even though is said to be the least aggressive.
Just a note, no harm.

SunnyX

Man i have seen a big difference in my tank since i got this GEO Calcium reactor. Growth has really took off. I never had problems with my Calcium and ALK but didnt have growth like this. I think it is the extra stuff in the A.R.M media that is making things grow.

I've had no problem catching multiple chromis in my reef. I have a 150 and its stacked with liverock. Definitely took patience but pretty easy overall. My chromis were getting a bit aggressive towards my tang hence the removal.

Last edited: