Stop reproduction

Discussion in 'Anemones' started by annieka, Apr 22, 2019.

1. annieka

annieka New Member

I got a bit of a problem with my bubbletip anemones. They keep reproducing. I started with 1 and they just keep dividing. When one wanders to a spot were I can remove it without damaging it, I take it out, but this is not always possible. I don't feed them. Any advice on how to get them to stop reproducing?

2. DaveK

DaveK Well-Known Member

Assuming that your talking about actual BTA's and not one of the problem anemones like Aiptasia or Majano anemones, you really don't have a problem. If nothing else it shows your doing something right.

I'd say remove them when you can, and sell, trade or give them away. Sometimes you can change water flow or lighting a bit in order to get them to move to a place where you can remove them.

3. annieka

annieka New Member

Yes, I mean BTA. It is kind of a problem, because they annoy the other corals. Right now their number is again up to five and I can't remove them without tearing down the rocks. I'll just have to annoy them into moving.

4. Uncle99

Uncle99 Well-Known Member

What’s your level of N & P?
    How consistent is that level?