Stomatella Snails

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
i dont have a commercial stockpile of em, they just do well in my tank. In my new 75 DT, im going to get a 6line, to keep the bristleworms in check. maybe then i'll be able to have these stars.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I may have a bunch of bristle worms in my tank (I've caught out 2 BIG ONES) but I never see any.
I don't know how all these little white stars got so THICKLY POPULATED in my tank...there must have been a heck of a successful spawn of 'em tho! They are neat to have. Can't wait to stock some in my refugium when I get it.
We'll do a swap out this fall if your still wanting to by then ddlozier. I would love to have a couple more Stomies :D

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
The lights just went out on my tank....Can you see them?
null_zpsf2bb6bd2.jpg
[/IMG]

Akshay

Yup I see my bristle stars waving their hands from the rock work all the time during feeding. But they haven't taken over the bed....maybe its because of the sand is colonized by bristle worms. Come to think of it, have never really seen them completely come out ever, only waving their banded arms for food. :)

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Im game for that. Anytime after september will be fine. My 75 will be up and going by then. Im cycling it from scratch with 90% dry rock and only putting in choice pieces of LR from my old system. All the rock/sand in that tank is getting sterilized. Its got an aptaisa issue. I've used nudi's and Pepermints, nothings worked, so im trying bleach + 3mo of drying...see if that gets rid of the aiptasia. Since the new system will be free of Bristle worms, the Stars should have more than adequate time to get started.

Kremlin

I started with 2 stomatella snails in my 28 and now i have about maybe 30 or so. they will drop their tails when you pick them up most of the time.

Akshay

Everyday you get to learn something new here... :)
now will have to try finding the lil fella...never knew snails could drop their tails...
Kremlin can you put up a pic..?