Steve's LEDs

Kikolool

Hi all,

this is my first time posting but I was lurking quite some time. I am from Germany and will most likely jump on the Max130d drop-in upgrade. As far as I can tell it comes with everything I need. Is there anybody here that got this drop-in and installed it. The instruction shows that the stock timer gets unwired so how am I supposed to run the remaining fans in the hood. Also I don't see any of these "dimmer knobs" in the instructions for this specific set.
It is probably rather new and does not fully match the old 99% ready build?

I hope someone jumped on this because even with customs and shipping, the price is ace.

Alex

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics

I have the RSM 250 drop-in I believe the moon light are just the controller set to 1% - my rear cooling fan run from an external power source
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00068U44I/?tag=reefsanc-20

71VJngc4GuL._SL1500_.jpg

Jeff can confirm on the 130D/C130/130 drop in

@StevesLEDs

Kikolool

Hi Glenn,

thanks for the answer! So the stock timer is there but not connected to anything and you wired a hood fan all through the back to an external power supply that (in best case) goes on/off timed with the lights? That would be rather easy.

Does your 250 drop-in have these dimmer-knobs, did you have to drill for them?

In the "old" model you were supposed to turn the knobs to 100% and use the controller for tuning. But in the drop-in I can't find the dimmer knobs at all to they might have changed it and replaced them...

Did the drop in cam with a housing for the typhon or just the plain controller?

Alex

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Yes - this is exactly what I do...
So the stock timer is there but not connected to anything and you wired a hood fan all through the back to an external power supply that (in best case) goes on/off timed with the lights? That would be rather easy.

No dimmer-knobs - I believe the housing is an option $16 I have one - controller is very easy to use & Jeff will pre-program I think... if you tell him what you want... but ask him to make sure - they offer Superior support !
http://shop.stevesleds.com/Typhon-Enclosure-8794102482.htm

Kikolool

Awesome, that sounds really good. I think this finally convinced me. Shipping to Germany is a bummer (120$) but they say it might be lower in the end. Also we have to pay additional 19% import tax (thanks Germany) on top haha.
But you just dont get anything like that, not even similar in Germany, other than completely DIY which I really don't wanna risk.

StevesLEDs

RS Sponsor
The newest version of RSM130 does not include the dimmer knobs since in includes a premium digital controller. Having both would be like wearing both a belt and suspenders - necessarily redundant. This also eliminates any drilling whatsoever.

Shipping to Germany for the RSM130 is actually right at $70, give or take a few dollars depending on the exact address and proximity to a large city.

Hope that helps?

Jeff

Pat24601

I installed RSM 130 drop in upgrade last night. Took around 45 mins and loving it so far. The service i got from Jeff was great and the only thing that i could fault was i didnt get NZ plug other than that so far i highly recommend these leds!

Wow. 45 minutes is awesome. I was curious how long the new drop in lights would take. 45 minutes is pretty incredible.

MATTSA

Shipping to Germany for the RSM130 is actually right at $70, give or take a few dollars depending on the exact address and proximity to a large

Jeff[/QUOTE]

Jeff is shipping to nz the full $125 USD i notice on your web page that the total shipping costs may not come to this in the end. I see you quoted $70 for germany. Does my order to nz come the the whole $125?

MATTSA

Hey guys im having an issue with the typhoon glitching and power supply cutting in an out making lights flash like storm mode any ideas would be appreciated. I tried to add pics but files are too large

Pat24601

Hey guys im having an issue with the typhoon glitching and power supply cutting in an out making lights flash like storm mode any ideas would be appreciated. I tried to add pics but files are too large

This is not going to be very helpful because it was a year ago when I did my install and I don't remember it very well.

But, I did have something like that happen and basically I had the cord in the wrong spot in the controller. I can't remember if it was in the right slots but "backwards" or just in the wrong slots.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
it can be plugged in wrong... there is an up & downside & it's easy to plug it in where like only 7 of the 8 pins are in the socket - check this !

MATTSA

it can be plugged in wrong... there is an up & downside & it's easy to plug it in where like only 7 of the 8 pins are in the socket - check this !
But it was going for like 2 days nothing changed controller started to glitch the the powersupply gave me disco lights im assuming because of forward voltage

StevesLEDs

RS Sponsor
Mattsa, We are a bit behind on emails at the moment. I tried searching through the several hundred in our inbox, and couldn't find yours. Can you send me a private message with your email address so I can address it?

Thanks!
Jeff