Steve's LEDs

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Just pulled the trigger and bought Steve's LED upgrade kit for my RSM250! Very excited!!

After reading Acanman's issues with the total DIY kit from Steve's LEDs, I purchased the 95% completed system along with the Typhoon LED controller!

I'll post some pics of the install when I get it.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Awesome!! Looking forward to pics I've got my RSM 130D kit w. typhon waiting for tank :( lol they look lonely

Spikewire

I'm torn on the LEDs. I definitely want to upgrade but I want to move from a 130d to a 250 first :) I wish I could find a nice used 250 in the New England area!

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
:laughroll hahaha Steve you couldn't be more right! I love everyone's tanks as much as I'm going to love mine so for the moment I'm going to have live through them :p I'm sure I still will once I have mine but one extra tank that I can drool over I won't be complaining ;)

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Looking forward to following this!

Me too! Just ordered them yesterday so no ship date yet. I really hope it reduces the heat in my tank and lowers the amount of time my chiller needs to run.

thedru13

Its been warm in my house lately.. I have LEDs and was amazing at how much cooler my tank was. For example. My house got to 80 degrees yesterday. Tank only got to 81.. Had the fans going and was fine. I don't run a chiller at all.

Me too! Just ordered them yesterday so no ship date yet. I really hope it reduces the heat in my tank and lowers the amount of time my chiller needs to run.

P6R

Its been warm in my house lately.. I have LEDs and was amazing at how much cooler my tank was. For example. My house got to 80 degrees yesterday. Tank only got to 81.. Had the fans going and was fine. I don't run a chiller at all.

Ooooh. I now have inspiration on justifying LEDs to she-who-must-be-obeyed. "Well it was either that or a more expensive cooler...and we save on bulbs too"

Nice job.

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Ooooh. I now have inspiration on justifying LEDs to she-who-must-be-obeyed. "Well it was either that or a more expensive cooler...and we save on bulbs too"

Nice job.

LOL:yup:

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
No, I didn't. I read this on his site:

"The Full Spectrum LED Combination upgrade allows you to swap out the standard colored LEDs for any of the other color Luxeon ES LEDs. Although we recommend the standard configuration, it is difficult to find the perfect combination that every customer finds completely aesthetically pleasing. The standard configuration is a product of 4 years of testing and refinement, with proven growth rates exceeding the ocean, and we sell to large coral farmers world-wide in this particular configuration. If there was something better, then that is what would be offered as the new standard kit. "

after reading that, I felt the standard kit was fine.

Hmm.. Interesting. I wonder what it looks like then! I love having a purplish tint to my corals. I can't stand SUPER white lights like what the tanks came with.

Have you seen any pictures of tanks that have had this setup done yet? You're making me excited :hammerhea

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
No, I haven't seen any so I am going on faith. I'm more interested in good coral growth right now so I want the increased lighting.