Steve's led's with BTA

jimv

I have a BTA with elongated tentacles. I have been reading that this is due to them reaching light or reaching for food. My clowns host with the anemone and I hand feed it once a week. I was wondering if anyone had a Bubbled up BTA with Steve's LED's and what you had your light cycle set to. I only run the lights for 8 hours a day at 75 %. 8 hours included a 1 hour sunrise and 1 hour sunset.
fbca9fa7b7d40fd4808dc6d7d96db3e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lexinverts

I can't imagine that it is not getting enough light at 75% with Steves LEDS. I would say it is more likely that it is getting too much light.

jimv

Maybe the photo period is to short? I just wondered what others were doing. All the coral looks great. And so does the bta it's just not bubbles.

Essex

I have a RBTA which is sitting on a rock quite high.

When I have all 10 T5's on (4hours a day) it really puffs it's body up and soaks in the light. The tips do not bubble.

I had bubbles when it was lower and had less light.

Anemones should move to a better spot if they are not happy or prefer elsewhere.

I wouldn't worry.

IanReefer

I have several tanks with Steves LEDson them. Turns out once they go long, they don't seem to go back. It is the photoperiod that keeps them small. I have mine set at 14 hours, with 90 min sunrise and sunset and they stay nice and short and fat. I have my lights turned up pretty high in that biocube 29, too, they love the high intensity. I have the blues set at 100% and whites at 80%. It took almost 3 months to acclimate them up there though, turning it up once every 2 days by 1%.

You have to turn the blues down for photos, washes out my camera, but he is 100% fluorescent.

green-bubble-tip-anemone.jpg