HELP! Steves LEDs Install - Biocube 32

Cashplus

Hi All,
Posted this in the Meet & Greet forum, but no response, so thought I would try here...

Looking around the forums and there seems to be a fair number of folks with Steves LEDs here. I just purchased and installed a Biocube 32 LED Turbo Upgrade System- Plug and Play kit with a HurricaneX controller with Temp sensor. I installed the kit on Wednesday evening. I think I have followed the somewhat limited install instructions to a "T", unfortunately my tank remains dark for the last 4 days. Controller is lit up, indicating temperature and appears to be following the program I put in it on the display. Cooling fan attached to the LED array is running, but lights wont come on. Even when I switch to Manual mode in the controller. I read somewhere there are supposed to be small blue LED's on the controller that brighten up when you turn the array up, but that isn't happening either...
Any ideas where to begin troubleshooting? I have sent Steves some info and pictures yesterday and am waiting for their reply. Just wondering if anyone else may have experienced something similar? Its a lot of money to start out in the dark..!

Thanks
Tony

DaveK

Since the controller seems to come up but the lights don't work, first check your connections from the controller to the lighting. Make sure everything is connected correctly. You could easily have a cable not fully plugged in.

Steves LEDs are considered a quality product, and they usually get back to you. Perhaps @StevesLEDs will see this here and respond with what to do.

Cashplus

Thanks Dave. I checked all the connections that are accessible, everything seems to be fully connected and tight. I wonder if there is a way to remove the controller from the picture to test the array?
I am going to try and call Steve's again today, however my previous attempts have been directed to voicemail. Hopefully they will reply by email or voicemail today once they reopen...

StevesLEDs

RS Sponsor
Tony,
Apologies regarding the delay in getting back with you. As we discussed on the phone this morning, we'll get it taken care of immediately, no worries.

Thanks @DaveK for the heads up!

Jeff

Cashplus

No worries Jeff. Thanks for the help troubleshooting. I am sure it will be sorted once the courier arrives.

Thanks,
Tony