Steam Punk Lamp

Paul B

I like the angler fish much better than the lamps and I can see me making more of them in the future. I am building a porcupine fish but I am having trouble with the design and porcupine fish are not as cool as angler fish so I am not sure I will even finish it. It may just morph into an angler fish :D

The show was supposed to be next month they didn't finalize the date yet. I understand the lamps and one fish will be for sale there. Most of the lamps won't be real cheap as some of them cost me over $200.00 in materials and they take about a week to complete. The small blow torches will be cheap, maybe $50.00 or less.
I am not real sure of the prices but I have to come up with prices soon. And if they don't sell, I am going to be stuck with a lot of lamps. :confused:

Paul B

I just finished another lamp made out of a 1910 telephone call box. The red handle turns it on, the tube lights up red and the brass thing on the back right is a vintage lawn sprinkler.

They keep moving the art show back so I will be selling some of these soon. Yesterday I got a call from my town and they want me to display them at an 800 persons Veterans event at a park on a beach here on Long Island. It should be fun.

Paul B

Hi Erik and thank you. I think I will keep two of the fish and sell one as I can't get myself to part with them. I would like to keep them all but with 12 of the lamps and 3 copper fish I will run out of room. They will be in 2 art shows, one in 3 weeks and one I am not sure but the angler fish will probably sell for about 8 or 9 hundred. The lamps go from $60.00 to almost $2,000.00. If I don't sell them, that is great and I will get my wish to keep them. :celebrate:

Erik Stenberg

Hi Erik and thank you. I think I will keep two of the fish and sell one as I can't get myself to part with them. I would like to keep them all but with 12 of the lamps and 3 copper fish I will run out of room. They will be in 2 art shows, one in 3 weeks and one I am not sure but the angler fish will probably sell for about 8 or 9 hundred. The lamps go from $60.00 to almost $2,000.00. If I don't sell them, that is great and I will get my wish to keep them. :celebrate:
lol I totally understand that and they are worth every penny. I do that with my art as well our worst case scenario is we get to keep it so it all works out, beautiful work my friend and good luck at your upcoming shows

Paul B

Thanks, maybe when I croak they will be worth more so my Grand Kids can go out for Ice Cream with the profits.

Paul B

My town was having a Salute to the Armed Forces and they asked me as a Veteran to come and display my Steam Punk stuff for the event. It was on the beach and very cool. There was also about 50 vintage cars there as well as bands etc.
That's the first time I wore my Dog Tags in almost 50 years. I am surprised I found them

Paul B

Now that I am moving soon, I need to sell all these lamps so I put some of them on Etsy. I will list the rest of them as soon as I get time as it is a little of a pain to list them there as you need to weigh them, fill out a big form and describe the thing. I do want to keep 2 of the fish though. I can't part with this porcupine fish and I will be building more of them a little different soon I hope.

DaveK

Making a trip to midtown Manhattan is just about out of the question for me. It would be expensive, and a pain to get to. However I will look for your work online.

I wish you every success in selling them. They should get a good price and sell well.