Stats

mr_tap_water

What do you guys aim for with your stats
As it will be interesting to see the different ranges we run them at. Also any comments you would like to add.

These are mine,
Ph 8.0
Kh 8.3
Mag 1340
Cal 430
Phos 0.03
No3. 2-5
Sg 1.025
I wish I could say mine was all like this now LOL but all over the place at the moment I am working hard on it trying to get it back to those stats, but these things take time you can't rush them as you all know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I am currently using Red Sea Coral Pro Salt and try to keep my parameters stable - using Red Sea recommendations (chart below...) works for me... use Hanna Checkers and love them (I hate testing and probably test a lot less than most) #don'tchasnumbers #lessonlearned

salt-jpg.389442

Pat24601

I am currently using Red Sea Coral Pro Salt and try to keep my parameters stable - using Red Sea recommendations (chart below...) works for me... use Hanna Checkers and love them (I hate testing and probably test a lot less than most) #don'tchasnumbers #lessonlearned

salt-jpg.389442

I tested A LOT at the start and actually I think it was very useful. It helped me really intuitively understand what caused my numbers to move in what ways when I did X, Y, or Z. It also helped me intuitively understand how the numbers related to each other and basic water chemistry.

However, after a while, it really became more like I knew how my test results would come out before i ran them because I got so used to how they changed when I dosed or whatever. So, I virtually stopped testing. Basically, if something looked wrong in my tank I would test and I would also test "every now and then" just to make sure nothing crazy had happened.

The best test once I and my tank matured was really "does everything look OK".

So, the moral of my story is I think if one is new to saltwater aquariums, it's very worthwhile to test a lot and get used to how water chemistry works. After a while, it's really not necessary.

Also, I use the same charts you did and targeted (without chasing) the numbers Red Sea recommends. :)

Last edited: