Starting new reef - RSM130D

gazoz

Hello,
I have Red sea max 130D.
I preferer to do a reef, but I have problem with aquascape rocks that I buyed.
After playing hours with the rocks this is what came out:

Option A:

GU5Ql97.jpg

yoeslha.jpg

Option B:

ZgttmNv.jpg

wfxQSOh.jpg

What you think?
What to choose?

Thanks

DaveK

When you aquascape a reef system, you want place where you can place or attach corals. This means you usually want wide flat pieces of rock on the top. You usually want to place branching rock on it's side for similar reasons.

At this point the tank will not look as nice as you might like, but your into this for the long haul. Once you put corals on the rock, they will grow, and some of them, especially the soft corals, can grow very quickly.

Nobbygas

Thanks, I will play with the rocks little more
maybe I will do something better
This rocks cost me a lot money :/
Another thing to remember is to leave enough space between the rocks and the glass to enable you to clean the glass. Leaving enough space will also aid the water flow around the tank.

gazoz

Hello

I thinking for upgrade the lights.
My plan is remove the hood and hang up led lights.
hang on with bracket like in the new red sea reefer.

What I can buy?

Thank you

discol76

I think you will be surprised with the results you'll be able to achieve with the standard lights. I have seen quite a few threads grow some SPS and even a clam!!! Although they were all mounted at or near the top of the rock.

Last edited:

discol76

Unless it's the shimmer and controlability that you are after then yes LEDs are the way to go. Sure there is a sponsor on here that does a direct LED replacement for the 130D.

Search for Steve's LED

gazoz

I have problem with the main cable lights.
If the main cable is little folding or I touch him, then the lights its turn on and off itself. or its turn on one light and the other is off.

here is video:

What I can do to resolve this problem?

Thanks

discol76

I would guess you have a loose connection or a broken cable. The lid is quite easy to open up. Or the lamps might not be fully pushed in. I'm sorry I can't be of more help.