Starting nem tank day 1

Kenreefer

Hello all,
This section seems light on posts. We are starting a new nem tank. Tomorrow will be day 1 only 6 more months to go before we add a nem lol. I have a corner tank with a overflow. Any advice on blocking overflow from nems?
Thanks

Nextdoor33

Hello all,
This section seems light on posts. We are starting a new nem tank. Tomorrow will be day 1 only 6 more months to go before we add a nem lol. I have a corner tank with a overflow. Any advice on blocking overflow from nems?
Thanks
Do you have any pictures? We would love to see.

Kenreefer

Hi Thanks for connecting. At the moment it's just sand n rock, no scaping yet. I'm cycling the rank with microbert7, should be ready for fish in 2 weeks. I'll move my Clarkii in it first. We had a carpet anenome in our reef tank...not a good idea. They are Fish vacuums so back to LFS it went. So we start from scratch. I will hook up a sump for both reef n anemone tank. Reef is 40 g anemone 50 corner sump will be 55g.
I guess it's not a good idea to hook up the sump with reef...any advice on that would be welcome.
Thanks

Kenreefer

Well as I have had some time to think further about the nem n reef tank, I'd say the best way would be a larger tank with the nem part sectioned off. Currently I have a fresh tank with grating separating a flowerhorn n green terror...it works. Thus all of the overflows powerheads would be on the reef side n just push waterflow through the grate. Hmmm will grate stop a nem??? Maybe a glass wall with a in flow window and another outflow window. Any thoughts ? Liking this idea...BTW petco dollar a gallon sale it on.