Salinity - 1.026
Calcium - 400
Alk - 8.4
Magnesium - 1600
Nitrate - 0.75
Phosphate - 0
Ph - 8.36-8.46
Temp - 76-78

Tank is a Red sea max s500 with roughly 100lb of live rock.

Currently dosing 40ml of part 1 and 2 of b-ionic. Trying to bump this slowly to get my calcium and alk up.

Goal: accelerated coral growth.

02/01
Turned off Gfo. The purpose here is to get phosphates up.
10 gallon water change. Attempted to clean out as much redslime algae as possible. Also plan to bump my feeding schedule.
First dose of nopox 8ml

Last edited:

slfcaptain

What is you phosphate goal, what level do you want to maintain?

Dosing nopox will eventually lower your phosphate and nitrate, what are you going to do to maintain phosphate and nitrate at your desired levels?

I also have a cyano problem so I will be following closely.

steve

I want rapid growth so I plan to keep nitrates at 1-2ppm and phosphates at 0.08 for a good 6 months if corals grow steady and stay healthy.

Ok time for an update. Yesterday I took no parameter but still did my dose.

Today:

02/04/14
Nitrate - 0.25
Phosphate - 0

So is this stuff return really working that quick. I am kind of shocked. I have been feeding my fish 3 times a day so I was expecting the phosphate to go up a lot. Instead I am now showing a 0 reading, plus nitrates dropped. I did my 4ml dose this morning, should I continue dosing tomorrow or cut it in half? Hoping redseakev sees this.

Yesterday 02/05/14 I cut my dose in half (2ml). I plan to dose the same amount today and tomorrow and recheck my levels on Saturday.

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Ok time for an update. Yesterday I took no parameter but still did my dose.

Today:

02/04/14
Nitrate - 0.25
Phosphate - 0

So is this stuff return really working that quick. I am kind of shocked. I have been feeding my fish 3 times a day so I was expecting the phosphate to go up a lot. Instead I am now showing a 0 reading, plus nitrates dropped. I did my 4ml dose this morning, should I continue dosing tomorrow or cut it in half? Hoping redseakev sees this.

Hi Shane,
Ok, I see you've dropped to 2ml I'd go down to 0.5ml lets get some No3 & Po4 back in your system, the 0.5ml will act like a maintenance dose until the No3 rises.

I did the .5ml last night and tonight. Plan to test parameters tomorrow or Sunday. I actually have one question for you redseakev. Should I skip this weeks water change since my goal is to get some nitrate and phosphate back into the tank? I normally do 10 gallons every weekend. Sometimes I skip a week

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
I did the .5ml last night and tonight. Plan to test parameters tomorrow or Sunday. I actually have one question for you redseakev. Should I skip this weeks water change since my goal is to get some nitrate and phosphate back into the tank? I normally do 10 gallons every weekend. Sometimes I skip a week

Hi Shane, I would continue with your normal maintenance of water changes, the advantages of the water change are not to be missed, the balance will make for more stable biological cultures making it easier to control your No3 level, consistency is key when controlling low levels of No3 & Po4 as with any biological process it takes time.

02/08/14

Nitrates - 0.75
Phosphates 0.03

Looks like phosphates and nitrates are going up. So I am going to continue with the 0.5ml maintanense amount until nitrates and phosphates get higher. I plan to do a 10g water change later today.

jimv

Since I removed my GFO and Purigen and started dosing NOPOX I have seen a small increase in my cyano and other green algae. I have been doing .5 ml since my phosphate and nitrate levels are low. I was also thinking about ZeoBAC but thought I would try this instead. I have had a few Nirate snails die since starting the process, all the other snails are fine. Not sure if it is related.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Folks, whilst I'm happy to help with all things Red Sea I can't comment on products like ZeoBAK sorry.
No worries redseakev. Understood.

Btw I am still dosing 0.5ml. Checked nitrates and they are back down to 0.5 but my guess is this went down from the water change.

I now have an apex afs autofeeder so fish are now getting a feed two times a day minimum.

I also ordered the red sea reef energy and plan to start using it as soon as I get it (unless redseakev suggest not to)