srkd

Awesome!
51e6c8d38de0b68d3e40a45e870830fe.jpg
d6f1c7b02158d131d4c49e42d56f48cf.jpg
2f27a9d2c3f80d02a826a2e7379dcb29.jpg

Wiring mess...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StirCrayzy

This is more of a suggestion for everyone across the board.
Zip ties are a PITA. If something fails you have to snip everything then re-strap, usually in a terribly uncomfortable position halfway between kneeling and laying down. Threading through or around small holes, while trying to keep the bundle of wires together.
Not one pc of equipment will last forever, so it will payoff eventually to make simplified replacement a priority when setting up your wire routing plans.
I use these (below), and set them up during the build. They have put a smile on my face when I realized how easy it was to swap equipment and maintain a decent organized routing system.
I know it sounds like an ad, but I just really love these things. You can find at most of the big box hardware stores usually by home entertainment cables. I can try to get a good pic of how I used them.
http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?i...ekjt8C8zJs0DK44yA0HyghoCIHjw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

srkd

It's been a while I had posted an update.

The tank has cycled and i have a pair of small clownfish, a pigmy angel, and a melanarus wrasse. All four fish are doing great. No corals yet.

I did not raise the height of the R6-i skimmer but increased the pump speed and i think the skimmer has dialed in. It's producing wet skim at a very slow rate. I am running the pump at the mid power. How do I increase the skim quantity or make it to skim dry?

pablomay28

The tank has cycled and i have a pair of small clownfish, a pigmy angel, and a melanarus wrasse. All four fish are doing great. No corals yet.

I did not raise the height of the R6-i skimmer but increased the pump speed and i think the skimmer has dialed in. It's producing wet skim at a very slow rate. I am running the pump at the mid power. How do I increase the skim quantity or make it to skim dry?

I just recently started running mine at full power and opened the valve to produce a dryer skimm

pablomay28

20160118_113208.jpg 20160118_113225.jpg 20160118_113233.jpg
hope these pics help

pablomay28

How do i open the valve? Did you raise your skimmer?

No I have not raised it. The valve is the long tube turn it to the right until you get the water level you want. The higher the water level the wetter the skim and the lower the dryer. If you look under the water outlet you will see the wedge pipe

srkd

Thanks Pablo!
When i run the pump at the full power and with the valve fully opened, i am collecting clear water. Right now, i am running the pump at two settings below the max power and i am only seeing fairly large bubbles to the beginning of the collection cup. Not sure how to get this thing working again.

srkd

I think my water doesn't have a lot of protein and crap yet to skim. Last night after heavy feeding and some sand adjustment, i am seeing some skim again.

Also, just bought the aquarimate app. I am liking it so far.

srkd

Did anyone add refugium to your reefer tanks?

Also, I have a Gyre 150 on the right side of the tank and no powerhead on the left side. If i run the Gyre on high power it's causing sand issues. What do you suggest i do? Add another powerhead to the left side or move the current gyre?