Srkd's RSR 450

StirCrayzy

I do that regularly. I Always have 20g RODI in it, then mix salt a day ish before I intend to WC. I wipe out/rinse any debris as needed. Precipitation can occur and you get Krusty calcium deposits.

srkd

Installed the rodi. Any suggestions?

The booster pump is loud and produces lot of vibration. Not sure of there is a way to calm it?

bd42d5e4cd0765d2ea69dc21e39fbb90.jpg
a291197155afad6185f56290d55a8033.jpg
d3b104c5ed3d157318b2e986598dcbe7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

srkd

Also, bought two 20g brutes. Will start producing DI water tomorrow.

I was told that the BRS RODI universal water saver system i bought is rated for 1g waste to 1g RODI. Is that realistic?

srkd

Could anyone show me how you installed mixing and transfer pump (from RODI tub to Saltwater tub), and heaters on a brute tub? I am thinking to make a hole on the lid but want to cover the hole so kids don't drop anything in the tubs. Also, pondering on the idea if i could just keep the tubs in place and use a pump to add water to the sump. Any thoughts on that?

srkd

Also, got a quote for adding a dedicated 20amp circuit. $550

Can anyone tell me how much amp your setup is using up?

mtsully71

I use one 32 Gallon Brute, to do everything. I make my RODI fill 2 5 gallons for top off, then mix salt in the the Brute. I wipe inside and rinse bucket each time I start new RODI.

mtsully71

Also, got a quote for adding a dedicated 20amp circuit. $550

Can anyone tell me how much amp your setup is using up?

IMO if your running a 20 AMP you need 12/2 wire in your walls, codes are different in each state. I would add up what AMPS you expect your equipment to run. 14/2 is ok for overhead/lights, but I have seen older homes with 14/2 for outlets. I run 2 15 amp circuits, I was lucky enough that 2 outlets that I am plugged into are on different switches.

Hopefully an electrical geek comes along, to explain better

srkd

i do have that option to use two outlets that have different circuit. one of them is on the kitchen circuit with fridge but the electrician thought I would be ok if i could split between the these outlets. We calculated around 9amp for the aquarium setup. How does that sound?

mtsully71

watts / volts = amps. In theory a 300w heater would be 2.5 amps. I use a 500 watt Finnex heater in my 350. It looks like you have Finnex. Just use 2 good power strips with a surge protector. I would guess you woulg have a GFI on the fridge circuit.

Also I dont know what you did for a return pump. I cannnot remeber what size hose I used on my reefer. Just make sure your hose fits the reefer return tube and if you have too get a reducer for your pump.

You will be fine, have fun this weekend.

Sully

StirCrayzy

A single 15 a circuit is sufficient for most modern small-medium reef tanks, unless there are multiple MH lights w/ chiller.
Mine only draws 7a Max.
For heaters in the brute I use Mag clips from Dr Fosters. And I cut a hole in the lid for wiring and RODI hose. Here's my brute with pump installed, http://reefsanctuary.com/forum/index.php?threads/joshs-superreef-65.78992/page-8#post-1263749 I use valves to switch between circulation, and pushing water upstairs to DT.

srkd

Thanks!

Didn't realize red sea doesn't include flexible tubing. What size pipe is the outlet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk