Squamosa electric blue help

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Yes, forums have come a very long way in a short time :) You will find occasionally there are some bad suggestions or people just looking to make profit off other ignorance and it's really bad on certain forums. Not once have I seen it here on RS though :D This is one of the best places to get advice and help on everything and anything reef related and everyone is about as nice and helpful as people can be :yup: You're in the right place for a forum with nothing but good advice :)

The main reason is, none of us are chasing a profit or trying to make a sale so there is no incentives like that for giving our advice and personal experiences :) They certainly sounds like idiots, I woul be very wary of what they say from now on. If you want to find the really good lfs's in your area I would suggest that you go and have a look at the list on The Reefuge as that's an Australian based forum that'll give you a good list of them :)
**Mods, feel free to remove that as I am suggesting another forum but it's only out of help so that Livecock can find himself some reputable shops. I hold no financial or any other kind of gain by doing so but just to help another reefer out**

Yeah, the best thing will be to bring the salinity back up over that period of time and hopefully that will have the biggest change :) Temps are good and yeah, hopefully cutting back the feeding a little will help too :)

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
No problems mate :) Just happy to help out and hopefully get those clams happy again!

Mr.Reeefer

Ok I went to my LFS where I bought the clams from to pick up some RO water, while there asked about my clams. The guy told me the problem will definitely be the fish since my water param are good, so I went to the cheapo shop and bought some tuppaware, I drilled wholes through it, covered the clams and left it overnight, today the bigger one has opened and the small blue clam is opened more than it has been.

So my next dilemma is what do I get rid of, clams or fish, the main problem from what I can see is the valentini puffer, he cost $40, my clams cost $400.00, but I love the puffer as much as the clams and he was the first fish I ever purchased, would anyone like to help in the decision making process

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I'd be more attached to the puffer. They have so much personality. Will the lfs refund you for the clams? Just my opinion. You need to go with your gut.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Very much a personal decision here but I'd keep the clam, for an opposing view :p Clams are such incredible creatures and very pretty, they also filter feed to! :) But a first fish is still a first fish