SpiderSponge - Red&White. Gorgeous

reefer4200

Hey fellas,
I am going to frag my super sweet spider sponge. Here are some pictures. If interested send me a PM with how large of a piece you want and i will respond with a price. My piece is show size, so i will have MULTIPLE frags available at a reasonable price. my pictures are from my phone so they arent the greatest.

Thanks,

Heres when the polyps are NOT extended.

SpiderSponger.jpg

and here they are extended, SWEETLY GORGEOUS! :snshne:

SpiderSponge2.jpg

anthias

Hi, I would be interested in 2-3" shipped to 29461. Is it possible to ship priority, or does it need to go overnight? Also a price on 1-2". Thanks, Anthias.

MrPex

i've been eyeballing these for a while now, but my tank is still only about 3 months old... how hardy are they? I'm looking to get one after my tank "matures" a bit more and I get a skimmer going...

reefer4200

thanks blake i appreciate it.

Also this is an Aussie Spider Sponge. Not often come across. Not a lot is really known on this species. I currently have had it doing great under 250w MH, in my 12 nano with two PC's, and in my 8bio. It does great everywhere and does not seem picky. Its an awesome piece. They seem to be going for about $15 an inch or two online. I have some medium sized frags (6-10"+) cut at $30 plus shipping. I also have some aussie super ultra acans, duncans, palys, fungia, and euphyllia corals all at a great price. PM if interested in any and i will provide pictures

Last edited:

molsen187

just a few questions sorry. is it hardy i've had some people tell me they are really hard to keep in the home aquarium and that since i'm relativly new to it i might want to not attempt it. does it go in a shaded area or is under the light. i thought sponges liked the dark but that thing has so much color you would think it uses the light for something.

reefer4200

I know someone with a piece thats been around for a few months now and still looks great under his 250w halides but low in the tank. I dont recommend high light and it likew med-high flow. You just cant exopose the sponge to air, it needs to be under water completely. Here are some links to what else is available. Also, I can make a package deal for you if interested in multiples.

These pictures were all taken with a Stylus TOUGH 8000 Digital camera no modifications. I can ship any way you prefer, USPS Next Day is cheapest and i haven't had any problems shipping with them before as well as UPS and FedEx. Let me know if interested,
Pictures by rainbowreef - Photobucket

Thanks,
Steve

molsen187

do you frag it often i only ask because i'm going to be doing a SH tank and think that sponge would look awesome in it but unfourtantely it isn't even set up yet so i would have to cycle it first and all that jazz.

reefer4200

If i still have any fraggable pieces available at the time i will absolutely get you a one. I have a few pieces gone as of right now, thanks everyone

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Thinking about it. If you have any pieces left about 5-6" please PM me a price & shipping to 28210. How do you mount these - will superglue gel work? Thanks.

reefer4200

Thanks Blake, enjoy your frags. Pictures are awesome!!

For those of you haven't already purchased and are still interested in frags PLEASE send me and email at:

RainbowReef3 AT gmail DOT com

From there i will send invoices for all orders.
Thanks everyone

SeahorseBT

Thanks Steve, the other one I got from you is showing hints of color coming through. It looks like it is going to be sweet too.