Something growing on live rock id

AJK

Hi,
Is there a guide, with images newbies can view of various objects growing on rocks and what they are ??

I discovered yellow object on one of my rocks today, don't know if good or bad, but I was thrilled to see something growing on rock :)

But, if anyone knows what this is, or condition of rock ? Info would be appreciated.

ChrisOaty

+47 for sponge...i ate a lot this weekend...i count for a lot. if you really dont like it, i hear that exposing them to air for a few minutes normally takes care of them.

AJK

Thank you everyone :) Thought the rock was sick or somethin, Lol !!!! Oh man Chris, I took rock out of tank to take pic, for a few minutes, had to look for camera. I kept pouring water on the rock. Well, hope my sponge colony grows.

PIMPALA

Thank you everyone :) Thought the rock was sick or somethin, Lol !!!! Oh man Chris, I took rock out of tank to take pic, for a few minutes, had to look for camera. I kept pouring water on the rock. Well, hope my sponge colony grows.

FYI, rocks cant get "sick".

bshady

i love my neon green sponges everywhere in my tank. They give colr to the tank and they are filter feeders.

sponge.jpg

sponges.jpg

catran

I've taken live rock out of my tank twice and some died and more grew back, so you definately will have sponges. It seems like you have good rock!