some help please

unclephester

can someone tell me what pump to run in the chiller compartment. iam just setting my rsm up and want to put a chiller in. any help whould be great.all your tanks are fantastic. i hope mine gets like all yours. thanks neil from the uk. great forum keep it up

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
unclephester - I didn't want to reply as I can't help you much since I haven't needed a chiller in my RSM. One thing to consider is what the recommended flow rate is for the chiller you're considering, and then get a pump that will supply at least that much gph. And you obviously have to consider what pump will fit in that space on top of the RSM skimmer. I'm hoping that someone running a chiller will jump in here and give you some help.

alphasierra

unclephester,

I'm currently running a Hailea chiller HC-130A. I have Sicce NOVA pump 800L/H and it sits nicely submerged on-top of the Skimmer unit. It was the smallest size and most powerful pump that I could find. It's been running for 7 weeks and so far has been doing a great job.

SICCE hydroponic and aquarium pumps

Hope that helps

AS

unclephester

thanks for that i went to the local fs they had rsm set up they told me what use and got a ehiem 1000 i just go down and geideas