soft coral identification

reefmauritius

Hi,
could you help me to identify those corals ?
And if possible their specificities in aquarium (care difficulty, light and flow).
THANKS
i_a27_gopr1627.html
i_a2n_gopr1624.html
i_a2o_gopr1621.html

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
just above where you reply 4th 1 from the end is an insert image press on that and upload or insert
And if you use photobucket it will give you a URL code to paste into the box so we can see your pictures!
Hope you will repost them....I WANT TO SEE 'Em! :D

reefmauritius

GOPR1752_zps31dc8ab3.jpg

Thanks for your help !
hope it works now...
First sorry for the very bad quality.
This is the the most common soft coral out here, grows everywhere even on lost fishing lines.
It is purple/pink colour.
I was thinking of a capnella sp ?
Would it makes a good starting coral for a beginner like me ?

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I sure don't have an idea...It's VERY PRETTY! Doesn't look like a soft coral to me tho. Where did you take this photo? "Out here" ??? Meaning close to where you live?
It will be interesting to find out what grows so well & is so pretty. Someone will probably be able to ID it :)

Akshay

Those are Sinularia leptoclados... by the way have dived a bit where you live. Are you somewhere near Mont Choisy...cause that's the place where you get a lot of these. Also see a lot of pulsing xenia near the coast in like 3-4 feet water, up north towards Cannoniers. Also you can get some toadstools & mushrooms off Stella Maru & Holt Rocks dive sites. Not sure if harvesting corals is legal there though. Cheers :)

reefmauritius

Those are Sinularia leptoclados... by the way have dived a bit where you live. Are you somewhere near Mont Choisy...cause that's the place where you get a lot of these. Also see a lot of pulsing xenia near the coast in like 3-4 feet water, up north towards Cannoniers. Also you can get some toadstools & mushrooms off Stella Maru & Holt Rocks dive sites. Not sure if harvesting corals is legal there though. Cheers :)

Thanks for your identification,
I live in Flic en Flac (west), soft corals are growing like crazy in the bays where the rivers meet the sea, think they like the rich nutrients water.

I'm not allowed to take anything while diving, could lose my business doing so !
A few persons have the permit and could get some corals from them.