Sodor Aquarium

Pat24601

i know many of you don't have small children, but there is a show and associated toys for Thomas the Train on the island of Sodor that is immensely popular with the 2-4 crowd.

When I saw this train car addition, I was at first pleased. I thought it was great that this kid show had a train car taking livestock to the reef exhibit at Sodor Aquarium.

Then I took a closer look and whatever deep sea creature this thing is transporting looks kind of creepy. I think it looks barely alive, kept in terribly confined condition, and I'm fairly sure it's not reef safe. For one thing, it's much too big if it's about the size of a tanker car.

They really need @Oxylebius to take over management of the Sodor aquarium. I don't think these guys know what they are doing.

image.jpeg

melvis

That's pretty cool Pat. I used to watch Thomas when I was a kid and my boy loves it too. The missus absolutely hates it after being subjected to it by babysitters when she was young so I make sure to turn the volume up when the theme tune is on...:roflmao:

For a small island though, Sodor seems to have everything! lol

Squatch XXL

I think a yellow tang would fit that train quite nice.

Also, I hate Thomas. My boy watched a few episodes and never got into it. There was a repeated message of Thomas wanting nothing more than to "Be useful". Not that this is a bad message, but I think it conveys some sort of mediocrity. I want my kids to strive to be more than simply useful. I want them to want to be the best they can be......But both my kids were addicted to the Wiggles. So, go figure. I don't know if that is any better.....The message there is....Well, i am not sure.