skimmer ?

tmc

since adding a sump to my 75, my remora pro w/ mag3 has stopped producing skimmate. i have cleaned it and the pump and still nothing. it has been about 5 days and i don't know what to do. has anyone ever had this happen.

tmc
maybe my tank is just so clean that there is nothing to collect :rolleyes:

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
My remora sometimes stops producing... try removing the skimmer cup and cleaning it.... again. ....or ... your tank may be super clean... especiall since you just added a lot of new saltwater.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Can you give us your parameters livestock list ? Are you using a DSB and how much LR do you have ? If your feeding regularly and have an average amount of fish you should be producing skimmate !

tmc

only have a palani tang and a lawnmower blenny. starting tank over as far as livestock is concerned, was way over populated. about 90 lbs. lr, a few snails, turbos and nassariluis-bad spelling- also a couple crabs all water paramaters are right on except alk is around 14 dkh. also i feed every other day.

tmc

forgot to mention that when the sump was added it stopped producing. had a leak so i had to turn off sump for couple days and it started producing again. as soon as i turned on sump it stopped again. could it have something to do with the flow

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
More water volume less junk... so it skims less. Your bioload is light. I think there isn't any junk to skim out. :)