Skimmer Pump Heat, RSM C-130 Stock- Help

crownsbroyal

HI, I am really struggling with my stock RSM C-130 skimmer pump. It is running crazy hot. Here is the back story, when I first started using this tank I used the tunze skimmer but was not thrilled with the results. Red Sea convinced me to give the stock skimmer a shot saying it pulled out some major stuff.
My tank has always ran right at 78 with my apex controlling the heater, I had retrofit my tank with steve's led so the tank ran cool and would need the heater to heat the tank. Literally, the only think I changed was added the stock skimmer, and the tank now climbs to over 85 degrees. That is a 7 degree climb from just the skimmer pump. This makes no sense. I called RSM and they told me to get a new pump and that mine seems to be bad. I bought a replacement pump and still had these problems. RS then sent me another replacement pump and the tank still climbs over 85 degrees with the skimmer running. I can't imagine that this is right. What is going on??? Anyone have any ideas?? Thanks!