Skimmer options with StevieT Media Rack?

cjj14u

So I have been running the Tunze 9002 in my 130D with the StevieT media rack & I am just not happy with it's performance (micro bubbles, adjustments, etc). What other options are you guy's running with the media rack that does not require an engineering degree to retro-fit?

Thanks & Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

ausreef

which from many reports is even worse,id be waiting for the 9004 which is due out soon,by tunzes measurements it looks like it should fit,if not drill the tank or fit an overflow,get a sump and then you have loads of options

personally ive found the 9002 to work really well with the mod and an ATO

billyBass

I started with the tunze 9002 could not get on with it, then swiched to the "AQUA MEDIC TURBOFLOTOR BLUE 500" and have never looked back silent operation and skimming is far better. Also you do not have to get the stevieT collection cup.

billyBass

Do a search on this forum for
Stock vs. Tunze 9002 vs. Aquamedic Turboflotor there is a thread on the subject

ausreef

Billy,do you have a Tunze osmolater in your setup? this is the problem people were having down here,the outlet of the turboflotor was splashing the water causing it to malfunction,the 9002 dosnt do this with its bottom outlet

billyBass

Hi Ausreef,
Yes I use the tunze auto top off unit. All I did to stop the splashing was to lower the unit so the out put from the turboflotor was under water. To avoid it splashing down and creating bubbles its all about choice, I found the turboflotor was the best option for me thats not to say the 9002 is not good skimmer.