Silicone ?

peligro

Not sure if this is the right place for it. Feel free to relocate it. Ok so when I got the jbj I siliconed a piece of acrylic over the bottom glass of the tank to give it support. No here's my problem..... After removing the acrylic last night. I noticed a lot of the clear silicone is stuck to the black jbj silicone. How hard and safe is it to completely remove all the silicone and redo it myself?

HTC EVO

DaveK

Generally silicone doesn't stick well to acrylic. You can usually use your finger and carefully rub it off. Silicone does stick very well to glass or other silicone. For this you can trim it with a sharp utility knife or a single edge razor blade. It's ok to trim off your silicone, but don't remove the original silicone. It's there for a reason.

If you remove all the silicone and plan to redo it, it's a somewhat tricky operation. You must remove all the old silicone from the glass, and then clean the new joints with alcohol to get them absolutely clean, dry and oil free. Then you can reseal. It can be a big job. I don't recommend doing it unless you have a leak to repair.

peligro

Thanks for the info man. But I don't want to remove the original silicone, but my silicone is most definetly stuck to it

HTC EVO