Sick acan

slfcaptain

The acans are still sickly. Just for my own sanity what kind of lighting and flow should they be in?

steve

Iamonlyme

Mine are in the sand bed under leds the lights are approximently 35 inches above and the flow is moderate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surfnut

They will not adapt to bad water conditions or errant electrical currents in the tank however.

slfcaptain

Mine are on the sand bed under the stock rsm lights (110 watts, 50% 10k, 50% blue), and a 12 watt blue stunner strip. They had been doing great under that configuration.

Water changes are 10% per week. I have not had any big fluctuations in any parameter. The values I posted last month are par for the course.

Equipment wise I did get a new skimmer and power head earlier this year. I'll explore the stray voltage theory. Though, the other corals look good.

The only big change that happened this year is my victory over cyano. Since it has been gone the zoas have been growing great.

steve

Diverjohn

Steve, sorry about the acans. In the past I have had something similar happen with my acans and a strange brain coral I have. Normally seems like they recover in a day or so. I just had an acan do this while acclimating to my tank. I used the TLF coral revive and dipped it twice about 3 days apart and then let it sit and it is slowly making a recovery. It's been about a few months and just now getting the feeding tenticals to come out.

slfcaptain

Two of the acans appear to be recovering. They are eating regularly and extending feeders. One is still very sickly looking. I try to feed it but doesnt accept anything. The odd thing is that it doesnt appear to be bleaching in any way just completely deflated. I have no idea whats going on but am going to keep trying.

steve