Show Off Your Anemone

Jiddy

Can we get those purdy Anemone shoots all organize. Im in the market for one and want you to inspire all of us!!!

greene394

Yayyy I get to be the first to show mine off!!!! Here it is before it split....
2009_0305Newfishpics0006.jpg

After split.........
2009_0415Newfishpics40072.jpg

Hope you enjoy!!

OHreefer

gorgeous! ok, my question is CAN i grow an anemone in my 40 gallon tank with a 4 x 54W, T5 light fixture (two 10K daylight bulbs and two actinic). The tank is shallow (12" or so) but long. is that enough to support anemones? and if so, what is the easiest kind?

BarbMazz

Do your bulbs have individual reflectors? That makes a difference in the quality of T5 lighting. I have an RBTA in a 65 with T5's, individual reflectors) up near the top of the tank that's doing well so far (5mos). The nem is about 10" from the lights.

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
My nem popped out on the back side of the tank this morning, so no pics unless y'all want to see some tentacles popping over the rock. He has had a growth spurt lately and doesn't seem to like his old spot so much. His base isn't moving, just where he pops out. Time to move the vortech lol

OHreefer

I haven't gotten the fixture yet, but it does have polished reflectors. It's a Catalina Aquariums T5 fixture. See my signature for all the creatures in my tank.

BarbMazz

BarbMazz - are all those anemones in the same tank? they're beautiful!

Great pics everyone.....

No... the first 7 pictures are a clown/nem nano I have. There are three small rbta nems, a rock flower nem, and a small s. haddoni carpet. A small LTA will be arriving for this tank on Tuesday from Diver's Den.

The last 4 are in another tank, it is my 65g mixed reef. I have the RBTA pictured in the FTS, and a green rock flower nem that can't be seen in the FTS.

And thanks, ReefLady! I appreciate the compliment! :D

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
Sounds great Barb. Do you run carbon? I have had problems with allelopathy between LTAs and hadonnis in the past. Hope you have better luck than I. Great pics though