Shaun's 2000 Litre (530 USG) Living Reef & Red Sea Max S 650 LED Design & Build

SPR

C'mon, c'mon. What's happening? Who have you spoken to about the new aquarium? Any new thoughts (keep it clean, it's a family site)?
Nothing as yet, I haven’t had a quote, and I think I might need to get someone else but we will see. Everyone seems to be on holiday at the moment so I’ll be patient.

I’m sort of going off the idea, a little, because of the upheaval, extra work, and it probably comes from having to much time on my hands to be honest, which I do. Most would love this, and I do, but I have to occupy my overactive mind! Lol

It would really help my mind to see some technical installation, like a new pump for example......

Nobbygas

Nothing as yet, I haven’t had a quote, and I think I might need to get someone else but we will see. Everyone seems to be on holiday at the moment so I’ll be patient.

I’m sort of going off the idea, a little, because of the upheaval, extra work, and it probably comes from having to much time on my hands to be honest, which I do. Most would love this, and I do, but I have to occupy my overactive mind! Lol

It would really help my mind to see some technical installation, like a new pump for example......
You need some help my friend. What if we provide a few tips for you that will help that active mind.
1. Learn to play a musical instrument.
2. Drill a hole in the front door of your fridge, and you'll then be able to see if the light goes out when the door is closed. This could reduce your electricity bill.
3. Um.....
4. Errr.....

SPR

You need some help my friend. What if we provide a few tips for you that will help that active mind.
1. Learn to play a musical instrument.
2. Drill a hole in the front door of your fridge, and you'll then be able to see if the light goes out when the door is closed. This could reduce your electricity bill.
3. Um.....
4. Errr.....
Yes very amusing! Lol

I play the guitar already (used to tour the clubs etc for 15 years or so) and piano to a lesser extent, well much lesser!

Its ok ive got to change out the rhowaphos tomorrow as the reactor is clogged. Some idiot who spends all his time trying to keep the sump clean decided to stir up the debris in the return chamber. It got sucked up and that also feeds the rhowaphos reactor that i only changed out last week.

So now i feel robbed because ive wasted 500g of rhowaphos pretty much......

Collo

Shaun, what are you using for each of your tests? I just realised the test kit I have doesn't do mag/cal/phos

I'm getting some Hanna checkers at the weekend and most likely an apex,

SPR

Shaun, what are you using for each of your tests? I just realised the test kit I have doesn't do mag/cal/phos

I'm getting some Hanna checkers at the weekend and most likely an apex,
I’ve tried various but favour

Phosphate - Hanna
alkalinity - Hanna
Nitrate Calcium Magnesium - NYOS

The NYOS kits are very easy to use and well put together especially when compared to Red Sea, and the Red Sea Magnesium is a pain in the bottom

And the 2 Hanna again are simple, especially the alkalinity