Shaun's 2000 Litre (530 USG) Living Reef & Red Sea Max S 650 LED Design & Build

SPR

Ive ordered a new Red Sea Phosphate Pro test kit to try again as I'm not convinced of the accuracy of the Hanna one. The Hanna has a +/- 0.04 margin for error, and the Red Sea is +/- 0.02 and when we are talking very low levels its quiet a lot really.

Ive had a few odd looking readings causing me to change the Rhowaphos early, and its not cheap, so I think Ill give the Red Sea another go and try it out.

Nobbygas

Ive ordered a new Red Sea Phosphate Pro test kit to try again as I'm not convinced of the accuracy of the Hanna one. The Hanna has a +/- 0.04 margin for error, and the Red Sea is +/- 0.02 and when we are talking very low levels its quiet a lot really.

Ive had a few odd looking readings causing me to change the Rhowaphos early, and its not cheap, so I think Ill give the Red Sea another go and try it out.
I still use the Red Sea Phos kit. It's the only Red Sea kit I still use. It has proven to be accurate when compared to the ICP results. The Salifert one is not easy to read, nor is the NYOS one.

SPR

How many did you start out with? I've still got my original four (over a year now)....Can't say the same about the Blue Chromis though :concern:
I started with 7 and I also added 5 small ones about 8 months ago, and every single one of them disappeared into the depths never to be seen again. £120 worth!

Now down to 3. The Chromis seem happy enough at 5, they are decent sized fish now and quiet nice.

The Red Sea phosphate test arrived as well today, it’s better than the original one I used.

The test came out at about 0.06ppm, Hanna was showing 0.08 so a slight difference I guess.

Nobbygas

I had to remove a Chromis a few days ago. I started with seven and now I'm down to two. There seems to be a pattern. First, the poor fish hides for between four to six weeks, barely venturing out for food. With the last one someone took a huge bite out of it's back. Then the fins get shreaded. I finally found the last one looking very weak, and I was able to easily just pick it out with a net. It didn't even bother trying to escape the net.

Only one way to find out about the accuracy, and that's to get an ICP test to see if it matches up.