Shaun's 2000 Litre (530 USG) Living Reef & Red Sea Max S 650 LED Design & Build

SPR

Hey Shaun,
Do you change your light settings in the tank before taking pictures? They really do come out quite splendid. I haven't pulled my DSLR out yet as I don't have much to take a picture of yet nor do I have a macro lense. I do have a few prime lenses that I will try soon though so just a bit curious on the light settings of the tank.
Thanks in advance
Thank you

No I just take the pictures at whatever the settings are at the time, I hardly ever touch the lights to be honest.

I do know different settings will affect the pictures but I never bother as they usually come out fine

SPR

Thank you guys, and Glenn that’s a very useful article as well

When I purchased the camera, to become a ‘marine photographer’ (!lol) I studied a few books and also the very helpful app from Canon that shows you what to do.

I also purchased ‘how to create stunning digital photography’ by Tony Northrup which is very good and comes linked to videos and all sorts

Nobbygas

Got to agree, some of the best pics of a reef tank ive ever seen.
When I get mine up and running you will have to make do with whatever turns out on my S9+
I've got an S9+, and you can really improve the pictures with the D-D Coral Lens Kit. It's some clip-on colour lens for the phone and they really help with the colouration of the photos. It's about 25 quid, but the results are really impressive.

SPR

Do you use a tripod?
I use a tripod for any macro shots as you need to, and occasionally for other pictures, but the ones above were taken just hand held.

You can also edit the pictures using basic iPad software. When I say edit I mean simple adjustments to light and colour which makes all the difference

I purchased the camera equipment as I’m going to the Galápagos Islands in the next few weeks, (and the drinks will be served to me not by me!! Lol) but it also comes in handy for the fish tank!

Nobbygas

I use a tripod for any macro shots as you need to, and occasionally for other pictures, but the ones above were taken just hand held.

You can also edit the pictures using basic iPad software. When I say edit I mean simple adjustments to light and colour which makes all the difference

I purchased the camera equipment as I’m going to the Galápagos Islands in the next few weeks, (and the drinks will be served to me not by me!! Lol) but it also comes in handy for the fish tank!
A bit of a Busman's Holiday then ! :)

SPR

A bit of a Busman's Holiday then ! :)
You being our resident Jacques Cousteau, what do you use to stop your diving mask fogging ? I’ve read various things about toothpaste, firing, but do you have to do this to make the anti fog sprays work ?

On the basis we are going on a yacht, snorkelling and general paddling will be inevitable! Lol

SPR

Thanks you two, I was hoping for some fancy scientific solution to this problem, as I’ve tried ‘mucus’ before and it’s not brilliant

Maybe it’s the alcohol content that affects it! Lol