Shaun's 2000 Litre (530 USG) Living Reef & Red Sea Max S 650 LED Design & Build

SPR

Ok I’m bored with the refugium so it’s out and in the bin!

The algae was growing quiet well but it looked like other things were also starting to grow in the sump so in the bin it is with £40 of Miracle Mud

I’ve put the bit of red algae in the display and will get some more different types shortly as they are temporarily out of stock

SPR

I'm still chuckling :)
And what pray is amusing you. My rash, and quick change of direction!?

I forgot to mention that the piece of beautiful red algae that I glued into place in the display vanished shortly afterwards. I’m not exactly sure if it blew off or one if the fish ate it! I need to choose a red non invasive and non palatable variety next! lol

Nobbygas

I forgot to mention that the piece of beautiful red algae that I glued into place in the display vanished shortly afterwards. I’m not exactly sure if it blew off or one if the fish ate it! I need to choose a red non invasive and non palatable variety next! lol
You should have spread some of the Miracle Mud onto the faces of your Golf clubs !

...and I still reckon they had you growing Runner Beans in your sump :)

SPR

Do you still have just the one? I'd recommend getting another one. I have two and they always stay together. They actually 'turn' at the same time a lot, which looks really nice.
I would get a few, like 2 or 3, but I don’t want to upset him.

He really is such a friendly fish and just swims around minding his business.

I might go and get that mud out of the bin and rub my golf clubs in it.........

Nobbygas

Growing Algae. What next, Aipstasia Breeding? A Dino Farm on the sand?

Nobbygas

I would get a few, like 2 or 3, but I don’t want to upset him.

He really is such a friendly fish and just swims around minding his business.

I might go and get that mud out of the bin and rub my golf clubs in it.........
I got the two as part of my 'Noah Plan'. It probably helps getting them both at the same time when younger. Your ole fella maybe would not appreciate a young gun turning up at this stage.

Nobbygas

Thanks and although it’s on the tip of my tongue I honestly can’t remember the name!

Let’s just call it a ‘pink fairy wrasse’! Lol

EDIT No I’ve remembered it’s a Lineatus Fairy Wrasse, checked my fish list!
I just checked them out..........Phew, I'm not sure I'd risk that sort of cash only to see him/her pummeled to death by the Banana Wrasse ! A really nice looking fish though.

rustyreefer

Hey Shaun,
Do you change your light settings in the tank before taking pictures? They really do come out quite splendid. I haven't pulled my DSLR out yet as I don't have much to take a picture of yet nor do I have a macro lense. I do have a few prime lenses that I will try soon though so just a bit curious on the light settings of the tank.
Thanks in advance