Shaun's 2000 Litre (530 USG) Living Reef & Red Sea Max S 650 LED Design & Build

discol76

Can you maintain a desirable reading of phosphate using this Agent Green? I'm interested in it but wouldn't want to crash my phosphate to zero.

Reactions: SPR

SPR

Can you maintain a desirable reading of phosphate using this Agent Green? I'm interested in it but wouldn't want to crash my phosphate to zero.
I would expect so yes, just adjust the dose and start off with a few drops until you see how it works. It forms a smoke effect and doesn’t bother the fish etc.

To be honest if I get a zero reading I’m delighted because it won’t really be, because of all the fish etc and feeding and test error margins. It will just be very low.

There are some forums out there talking about lanthanum chloride use, but most of them tip in standard swimming pool cleaner and wonder why they have problems so……

SPR

For those of you paying attention, you will recall I tried using Agent Green.

In the S650 I’ve been adding 10ml every day or so, and the phosphate as come down from 2.19 (yes!) to 0.36 today, so quiet a lot. And remember it may take a while longer to bring down because of phosphates leaching out of the rocks.

In the big house, they’ve come down from 0.2 to 0.11 today and I’ve not added to much as it wasn’t that high

I can confirm there has been no ill effects to either system, corals or fish. It just forms a smoke haze when you add it straight into the display and then clears over an hour or so.

SPR

Beautiful colors and great growth! What are you using for the shots?
Thank you

I use a canon EOS750d and sometimes, like the picture above a canon Macro lense. The fancy stuff! Lol

I got the camera for my Galapagos adventure originally, then discovered the perfect subjects in my tanks.