Shaun's 2000 Litre (530 USG) Living Reef & Red Sea Max S 650 LED Design & Build

SPR

Ok I was waiting to pay for it before I announced it (the tank has been built) but...

It’s a custom built 1500 litres display (approx) with 500 litre sump so around 2000 litres in total

2900 x 770mm x 710mm (Deep) approx. It’s huge!! When I saw it I thought OMG! Lol

The system I think will be mainly SPS corals since I’ve realised many of my current ones are SPS! I learned a lot about coral placement and spacing. I’ve also learned not to have any montipora corals as it’s to invasive mummifying other corals as it spreads.

It covers an end wall with patio doors in my man cave which will partially disappear but I would sooner look at a fish tank than the garden and it’s dark for 1/3 of the year anyway.

I was going to go a little bigger but we were bordering on access/maintenance issues so common sense prevailed for once!

I’ll give you full specs and equipment list once ordered which should be this/next week but it will be fully Apex controlled/automated including Apex DOS for continuous water changes. It will be be much easier to look after than the current system which will remain up and running for the immediate future, if not indefinitely. (or until I need to clean the downflow pipe or rear circulation pumps!)

The main kits is:

Lights will be Ecotech Radion XR30w G4 Pros x 4

Ecotech Vortech MP60wQD x 2 with battery back ups. I may add another but the Ecotech flow calculator says this is plenty

NYOS Quantum 300

Abyzz A400 return (I may drop to the 200 which is also very powerful) as all equipment will be fed from it. I was going to get a Vectra L2 for redundancy, but I want something installed that I can just turn on for emergency. On the basis the Abyzz are bullet proof, I’m going to use my spare Red Sea pump for this now. It’s around 7500lph which is enough for emergency flow

I’m thinking that the battery backups on the MP60’s will provide emergency gas exchange in a power cut but I can always add a Vectra L2/battery later if I want

Teco TK2000e (the new version) heater/chiller

600 litre RODI container with auto refill

600 litre fresh saltwater container (full refill bag of Red Sea salt)

Clarisea SK5000 x 2

There is a lot more kit than this including Apex flow monitors, WXM module for Ecotech control and lots more.

That’s just a little ‘taster’ but I’ll do a full kit list once it’s confirmed/paid

Last edited:

Nobbygas

Ok I was waiting to pay for it before I announced it (the tank has been built) but...

It’s a custom built 1500 litres display (approx) with 500 litre sump so around 2000 litres in total

2900 x 770mm x 710mm (Deep) approx. It’s huge!! When I saw it I thought OMG! Lol

The system I think will be mainly SPS corals since I’ve realised many of my current ones are SPS! I learned a lot about coral placement and spacing. I’ve also learned not to have any montipora corals as it’s to invasive mummifying other corals as it spreads.

It covers an end wall with patio doors in my man cave which will partially disappear but I would sooner look at a fish tank than the garden and it’s dark for 1/3 of the year anyway.

I was going to go a little bigger but we were bordering on access/maintenance issues so common sense prevailed for once!

I’ll give you full specs and equipment list once ordered which should be this/next week but it will be fully Apex controlled/automated including Apex DOS for continuous water changes. It will be be much easier to look after than the current system which will remain up and running for the immediate future, if not indefinitely. (or until I need to clean the downflow pipe or rear circulation pumps!)

The main kits is:

Lights will be Ecotech Radion XR30w G4 Pros x 4

Ecotech Vortech MP60wQD x 2 with battery back ups. I may add another but the Ecotech flow calculator says this is plenty

NYOS Quantum 300

Abyzz A400 return (I may drop to the 200 which is also very powerful) as all equipment will be fed from it. I was going to get a Vectra L2 for redundancy, but I want something installed that I can just turn on for emergency. On the basis the Abyzz are bullet proof, I’m going to use my spare Red Sea pump for this now. It’s around 7500lph which is enough for emergency flow

I’m thinking that the battery backups on the MP60’s will provide emergency gas exchange in a power cut but I can always add a Vectra L2/battery later if I want

Teco TK2000e (the new version) heater/chiller

600 litre RODI container with auto refill

600 litre fresh saltwater container (full refill bag of Red Sea salt)

Clarisea SK5000 x 2

There is a lot more kit than this including Apex flow monitors, WXM module for Ecotech control and lots more.

That’s just a little ‘taster’ but I’ll do a full kit list once it’s confirmed/paid
Can we help you out in any way young man. For example, I have a link here which is offering a 10% discount on those lights if ordered before Aug 31st...
https://www.shop-meeresaquaristik.de/shopnews.php?news_id=263

At their prices this would save you about 188 Euro (174 of the Queen's Pounds). That would buy you say six Anthias, or a nice shoal of Blue/Green Chromis, or three Yellow tangs etc etc.

We will allow you some time to get this beast up and running, but we do expect an early Summer 2020 BBQ, washed down with copious amounts of your home brew to enable us to visit this wonder before it hits YouTube !

SPR

Can we help you out in any way young man. For example, I have a link here which is offering a 10% discount on those lights if ordered before Aug 31st...
https://www.shop-meeresaquaristik.de/shopnews.php?news_id=263

At their prices this would save you about 188 Euro (174 of the Queen's Pounds). That would buy you say six Anthias, or a nice shoal of Blue/Green Chromis, or three Yellow tangs etc etc.

We will allow you some time to get this beast up and running, but we do expect an early Summer 2020 BBQ, washed down with copious amounts of your home brew to enable us to visit this wonder before it hits YouTube !
lol!

I have the 10% already but thanks for that. Most equipment will be coming from Charterhouse who have given me a good deal on most if not all of it. I was going to get some of the equipment from the tank builder, but I think I would sooner use my trusted suppliers who are very good and competitive.

SPR

You're going to be drilling holes in the wall aren't you?
You'll need an outlet for the Chiller, plus pipework for the ATO?
The back of the tank is onto patio doors so I can access the back of the tank from outside if needed. But I will just be drilling a hole in the bottom of one of the doors (which doesn't actually open) for the ATO/water change system/Air hose for skimmer

The ATO will be the Apex ATK and the water change will be done by Apex DOS.

I will see how I get on with the chiller as it shouldn't be on most of the time as its not normally that hot, But with this tank, temperature needs to be more stable.

Nobbygas

The back of the tank is onto patio doors so I can access the back of the tank from outside if needed. But I will just be drilling a hole in the bottom of one of the doors (which doesn't actually open) for the ATO/water change system/Air hose for skimmer

The ATO will be the Apex ATK and the water change will be done by Apex DOS.

I will see how I get on with the chiller as it shouldn't be on most of the time as its not normally that hot, But with this tank, temperature needs to be more stable.
I have the TECO 1000 and I recommend the TECO Chillers/Heaters. Good choice.