Shaun's 2000 Litre (530 USG) Living Reef & Red Sea Max S 650 LED Design & Build

Nobbygas

The chillers are not silent but the noise they do make is very minimal. The heating part of it is silent though.
Check checking those hose connectors on the chiller. Did you have some spare rubber rings with it?

Reactions: SPR

SPR

The chillers are not silent but the noise they do make is very minimal. The heating part of it is silent though.
Check checking those hose connectors on the chiller. Did you have some spare rubber rings with it?
I think there are some spare, at least one anyway.

I noticed the noise simply because everything else is quiet, you cant even here the Abyzz a200 at all, its completely silent. The main noise is from the NYOS 300 and that's not bad

I was stood there thinking what the heck is that noise! lol

SPR

Ive modified the spare Abyzz a200 so that it’s ready to do a straight swap out with the primary a200, in 10 years time when it’s time to be cleaned!

The first picture shows the primary pump installed, and basically the pump has a 40mm pvc coupler on the output connected to a 40mm short piece of pipe and then into a 40mm union connector. So this connector will just screw onto the primary union connector when I need to change them over.

If your wondering what’s on the input, it’s a 50mm coupler. I did this because the instructions say the pump is more efficient and silent if it has a straight run of flow into it, and this provides that.

The pump is completely silent, and I mean you can’t hear anything.

These pumps really are a masterpiece of engineering

11A81057-4859-46A6-95A6-919743D08128.jpeg CD724D45-7625-41C1-BEDF-6365BBCD3147.jpeg D3CAA6A1-82A6-41AC-A619-E5A030BD774A.jpeg 890D7027-063F-4CA8-AFAB-5ABB83FCFDBD.jpeg 07AC3A36-43A7-4B8A-96A1-4108BD0D276F.jpeg

discol76

Hi SPR,

Just started reading your thread so Ive got a long way to go. Just at the part where you replaced the C Skim with the NYOS lol. Wanted to jump to the end to say hi.

Nobbygas

Ive modified the spare Abyzz a200 so that it’s ready to do a straight swap out with the primary a200, in 10 years time when it’s time to be cleaned!

The first picture shows the primary pump installed, and basically the pump has a 40mm pvc coupler on the output connected to a 40mm short piece of pipe and then into a 40mm union connector. So this connector will just screw onto the primary union connector when I need to change them over.

If your wondering what’s on the input, it’s a 50mm coupler. I did this because the instructions say the pump is more efficient and silent if it has a straight run of flow into it, and this provides that.

The pump is completely silent, and I mean you can’t hear anything.

These pumps really are a masterpiece of engineering

View attachment 50239 View attachment 50240 View attachment 50241 View attachment 50242 View attachment 50243
'powerful, efficient, silent' - that could be describing me !

SPR

Hi SPR,

Just started reading your thread so Ive got a long way to go. Just at the part where you replaced the C Skim with the NYOS lol. Wanted to jump to the end to say hi.
Hi and thanks for saying hello

Ah the C skim...... lol

SPR

So how was my evening with the new Weber bbq that arrived yesterday?

I went to set up my old one last week, an Outback, and it had disintegrated. Then I realised it was probably 12 years old and the last couple of winters hadn’t helped!

The person in the blur and ‘slumped’ in the chair is my son Ben, and he hardly drank anything other than soft drinks!

The beer is my own, Mangrove Jacks Pink Grapefruit which is delightful

337E7555-E055-4815-AA63-E8E32583E020.jpeg 6EBB4FE3-FB73-478E-BF92-DB4B028C98A3.jpeg 1D88FBBA-C59E-490B-8FD1-7B66C420C51B.jpeg 88077F59-2945-404D-80B8-0372A241C4E6.jpeg

Nobbygas

You named your beer, "Mangrove Jacks Pink Grapefruit"
What sort of name is that! It should be called Viking Mead or Rolling Thunder or something.

I do like the Weber although I prefer to use charcoal rather than Gas. It is the Caveman in me !

SPR

You named your beer, "Mangrove Jacks Pink Grapefruit"
What sort of name is that! It should be called Viking Mead or Rolling Thunder or something.

I do like the Weber although I prefer to use charcoal rather than Gas. It is the Caveman in me !
lol!

No I didn't name it, that's what its called that I made. I might just start lying to you like on coral names! lol

Ive got a charcoal weber as will in the garage, but gas is so much easier and with the smoker box you really cant tell the difference to be honest. Well its not as burnt because the gas versions, and especially the new ones, have covers to prevent flame ups

SPR

So I can’t play golf, because of some stupid virus, my fish are fed up with me staring at them, I’ve cleaned everything I can find, my ‘still’ is brewing away, and I’m going slowly ‘mad’..... So what’s a boy to do.....

https://www.evanscycles.com/trek-marlin-7-2020-mountain-bike-EV369257

Ive bought myself a mountain bike. I used to go cycling years ago (as a child!!), no seriously, I had a mountain bike before and think I sold it after I started playing golf. But cycling is better for you both physically and mentally especially if you play golf like me!

It will take around 2 weeks to be delivered as they build them up for you, and despite various forms of incentive, they won’t do it any quicker......

I’ve also ordered a helmet and I’ll get the other bits and bobs over the next few weeks.

I live next to the route 6 national cycle route (this is a UK thing) so have access to miles of countryside routes. I don’t like road biking so tend to stick to cycle paths, forest etc.

Whenever I see a cyclist they always were those clothes that make them look really thin, so I’ve got to get me some of those, but in ‘big lads’ size!

Nobbygas

So I can’t play golf, because of some stupid virus, my fish are fed up with me staring at them, I’ve cleaned everything I can find, my ‘still’ is brewing away, and I’m going slowly ‘mad’..... So what’s a boy to do.....

https://www.evanscycles.com/trek-marlin-7-2020-mountain-bike-EV369257

Ive bought myself a mountain bike. I used to go cycling years ago (as a child!!), no seriously, I had a mountain bike before and think I sold it after I started playing golf. But cycling is better for you both physically and mentally especially if you play golf like me!

It will take around 2 weeks to be delivered as they build them up for you, and despite various forms of incentive, they won’t do it any quicker......

I’ve also ordered a helmet and I’ll get the other bits and bobs over the next few weeks.

I live next to the route 6 national cycle route (this is a UK thing) so have access to miles of countryside routes. I don’t like road biking so tend to stick to cycle paths, forest etc.

Whenever I see a cyclist they always were those clothes that make them look really thin, so I’ve got to get me some of those, but in ‘big lads’ size!
Download the 'Strava App'. It's free and very useful for recording your rides. Get the shorts with the padded arse. You'll thank me later. Get one of the little bags that fit underneath/at the back of the seat. They are very useful for carrying keys, a couple of quid etc). I am currently riding about 120km (72 miles) a week which will ramp up as it gets warmer.

Reactions: SPR

SPR

Download the 'Strava App'. It's free and very useful for recording your rides. Get the shorts with the padded arse. You'll thank me later. Get one of the little bags that fit underneath/at the back of the seat. They are very useful for carrying keys, a couple of quid etc). I am currently riding about 120km (72 miles) a week which will ramp up as it gets warmer.
I’ll have a look at that app and I already have the shorts from when I did it before. My wife knows we’re everything is! Lol

I’m going through tracks and trails rather than roads, are you doing 72 on roads with a road bike ?

Im currently concentrating on puncture avoidance precautions. I used to use Slime, and a slime plastic tyre protector inside the tyre. Slime is still around and the protector but it’s not for 29 inch wheels, but I guess I could still use it and take the chance of a 1 inch gap somewhere. There’s also one called Panaracer made from Kevlar which might be ok. Thoughts ?

I’m not going to bother with the little bag because I’ve got a spare small Under Armour backpack to carry emergency spares like inner tube, small pump etc and also drinks bottle that I use for golfing. the bag is actually my wifes we use for travel, we both have the same, but I’ll nick hers!

There’s a nice run I used to do which is around 22 miles from my house into a place called Sherwood Pines and back. but I’ll maybe start doing half way and build up as it’s ‘been a while’ and there are some big hills ! Lol

Best I get some ointment as well! Lol