Setting Tank water level in 130C

Jeff Lazo

I have a new 130, and wanted to see if people have the same main tank water level. Wasn't sure if this was too high and how to lower it. The water is at the brace on the right hand side, at times water is slightly above.

Rooprect

When you say the "brace on the right hand side" I assume you are talking about the 1 inch horizontal piece of glass on the right? (the tank itself will always be the same level based on the height of the overflow.) In other words, you can't control the water level in the main tank, the overflow isn't adjustable.
The manufacturers recommended water level in the BACK is represented by the plastic bar on the sump viewing windows on either side of the sump on the outside of the tank.

Jeff Lazo

3f3a1c11708114f90fee026c0d09b565.jpg

GBR

My RSM130C looks exactly the same as Jeff has posted. For the first time in 6 months the tank has salt creep to the outside of the tank (I think this is related to the high water level). I believe the water should be just below the glass that sticks out one inch from the top. About a month ago I recall my tank water line was below the glass and everything was running good / no salt creep. I have a hang on back and sump. I also have a auto top off to maintain a consistent water volume. I'm wondering if lowering the ATO sensor (reduce water volume) may help lower the display tank volume? As stated the tank built in overflow is not adjustable. My tank is level. Any suggestions?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics

Sure some C130 owners can advise...