seeking refugium info

kathywithbirds

Gee, my 5g nano is already too small with no fish yet...

So I'm contemplating getting a simple 10g with a nice powerhead, skimmer and UV filter. Will this be the refugium? Well, I think I'll set up the 5g as a nano reef and just connect the two tanks.

This still isn't a big enough setup for lots of fish or anything but I might be able to get 2-3 fish in the 10g.

Can anyone tell me where to get info on tech stuff for refugiums? The nano cube has a nice filter unit and I plan to get a filter for the 10g, but I would be looking for some way to hook them together.

DrHank

I agree with blue eyes. It will give you more possibilities for the display while still providing an sizable fuge by comparrison. I'm not sure that it's really a fuge that you are talking about. If you were planning on using the 10 gallon to enable you to use as a vessle to accomodate the skimmer and UV then it is actually functioning as a sump. A fuge is a seperate tank or chamber that is intended to house sand, rock, plant and animal live (such as pods).

You may want to run a search for refugeiam here, on google and other sites.

kathywithbirds

Yeah, I was thinking that... just having both tanks side by side connected by filtration. Need to research attractive equipment, as I just don't have the room (or budget right now) to have a separate concealed sump.