Seaweed soak

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Looking to see what everyone uses to soak your seaweed in when you prepare it for your tangs.

Post away!

frisbee

Tap water.

Sometimes I will use that same cup and fill it up with tank water though. I haven't noticed a difference between the two.

Oxylebius

I've been feeding dried seaweed to fish since the mid 90s, was I supposed to soak it in something? I just place four different types of dried seaweed on the same clip and place it in the tank.

frisbee

I've been feeding dried seaweed to fish since the mid 90s, was I supposed to soak it in something? I just place four different types of dried seaweed on the same clip and place it in the tank.

I've done this as well, but sometimes fish are bullies. (tangs in particular) It was easier to just saturate the seaweed in water first and then break it apart in the tank. Everybody gets some...

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Well just like food soaked in vitamins and fats, seaweed can be a delivery vehicle as well. And it is more aimed at tangs which is a good thing. Nothing wrong with using it straight but I was wondering if anyone soaks it first