Sea anenome dying?

Fortheluvofreef

I have a well established 28 gal reef tank and i introdused an anenome to the tank a few days ago. it did well for a few days but now it's up in the rocks, its foot color appears to be fading, and its tentacles are a little more limp. I did make sure the anenome would be okay in my tank by researching and asking a local professional. Also it's withing touching distance of a feather duster. Any thoughts?

Rhodes19

I have a well established 28 gal reef tank and i introdused an anenome to the tank a few days ago. it did well for a few days but now it's up in the rocks, its foot color appears to be fading, and its tentacles are a little more limp. I did make sure the anenome would be okay in my tank by researching and asking a local professional. Also it's withing touching distance of a feather duster. Any thoughts?

I'm still leaning about anemones so I don't think I am qualified yet to provide any answers but I do know that those who can help you will want more information.

Why kind of nem do you have?
What are your water parameters? ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, phos, ph, sg....
What is your filter system?
What do you have for lighting?
How long has your tank been established?

I'm sure there are other questions but I can't think of them at the moment. Post some more info and I'm sure some one can give you an answer. HTH :)

Oh, and :welcomera to RS