saltwaterfish.com???

Hey Guys,

Looking to buy some fish how is this site and what is other good sites to buy fish from that has good price and shipping?

Thanks

lcstorc

I ordered from them once at the very beginning of my reef. The thing I remember most is that the fish were very small. None of them made it but that could have been as much my fault as anything since it was before I found RS when I was doing most everything wrong.

michael_cb_125

Saltwaterfish.com sucks. DONT buy from them. I ordered from them twice. The first time I ordered, two things arrived dead, and a fish and nem died within 24 hours. The packing was very crappy. The fish were in very thin bags, and were not even double bagged. So the second time I ordered was because I had a credit. Overall I was very disapointed with them. They have no phone number, so you cannot call. And they are very bad about not returning e-mails. I order all of my livestock from Liveaquaria.com
They have a great gaurantee, great customer service, and great livestock. Plus they quarintine all of their livestock for a minimum of 2 weeks.
~Michael

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I've never ordered from them personally but have a friend who has several times. He did have one shipment that had "arrival" issues but someone he had a phone number. Maybe he sent them an email and they gave the # then. Anyway he re-ordered and I think everything has been great all the other times.

Actually the only thing I've ever ordered online has been dry goods or corals. I really like to see my fish first hand and see them eat when I can. Have you tried asking your LFS to order something specific?

DrHank

I ordered fish from them 3 times (group buys) the result was a 50% mortality rate. I still have a credit I'll never use. To me that's totally unacceptable.

tbittner

The only thing I've bought from them is live rock and test kits. I've been very pleased with the rock and their speed of shipping. I haven't bought any livestock from them though.

zy112

I can agree with michael, I have ordered a few times from liveaquaria and been very pleased.

metweezer

ok who do you use now ;) or who's good?

SWF.com has a $79.00 minimum order requirement. That's a deal breaker right there as I have only a 29 gal tank. Their forums are awesome though. It looks very much like this one. I have ordered from Pet Solutions & That Pet Place. You also might want to try Dr's Foster & Smith and Marine Depot.
Steve

cioutlaw

Liveaquaria.com has always been good & I hear good things about them all the time. Im with Al I dont buy fish unless I can see it. Im almost to the point where iI would rather buy from people with fish outgrowing thier tank or breaking down the system.

bigfish

i ordered a few corals over the weekend from our sponser: MR CORAL. They do have a phone number and shipping was FREE!!!!!!!!! to the yellow areas which is a large area and if you spend 150 shipping is free everywhere. i did call and they were very helpful but i will keep you all posted tomorrow on how everything turns out!

nikkipigtails

I've ordered from them before and only half of my fish made it. I'm really nervous about buying anything live online after that.

tbittner

I agree Nikki, but some of the nicer, hard to find fish, you can only get online. And most LFS's won't order anything special in, or if they do, they make you pick it up the day it comes in.

dfurbee

I order corals from them, and they are very nice, and larger than expected. My new order had two extra corals with it. Double bagged and with 4 heat packs, box was still warm inside when I received it. Have never had any trouble with swf.com

lcstorc

I've never ordered fish from them but have ordered corals. They were great with first rate packaging.

I have ordered from them several times with pretty good luck. Had a couple of fish die here and there but overall I like them.
I have also ordered from liveaquaria and they are top notch in my book.

turn8299

I have ordered fish, cuc and corals in the past and must say was not very pleased. Like someone said they do have real good forums though (of course not as good as rs)

jellyman

I've never had any luck with their fish. They give credit right away but when ordering with your credit you are stuck with shipping charges again.