Saint's 75g

saintsreturn

Ok back from lowes and I have the replacement parts that I glued like a dummy last night.

Also picked up lots of dry rock and some sand.
Amazon delivered my surge protector with individual switches.
Pics to follow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saintsreturn

So not only did I fix the drinking errors, but I finished my plumbing tonight. Glued on and sprayed black. Built my mixing cart and test fit my RODI system. I should have it up stairs and filled for cycle by Sunday!!! More to follow ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456893104.180895.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1456893112.299636.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1456893119.835578.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1456893131.189932.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1456893138.628901.jpg

saintsreturn

So I got the water test, leak, function and markings all done. Tomorrow I hope to have it all drained and dried for rock fitting and Saturday I hope to start mixing the water. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457066144.667562.jpg
Drilled one anti siphon in each outlet
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457066177.313929.jpg
Added my snail guard
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457066202.748462.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1457066214.716094.jpg
High tech mess cleaner upper
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457066229.855702.jpg
Really happy with the results

saintsreturn

Don't want to sleep but need too lol. Can't wait to move her up stairs. Going to hate making water though lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

StirCrayzy

Now that's progress.!!!
Have you considered any other drain the downs?
My first thought is the unions are pinched to the tank and won't be easy to turn, if at all.
Second thought is how will you get behind the tank with a screwdriver to loosen that clamp to pull the pipe out if needed?
Just thinking ahead.
cheers!

saintsreturn

Thank you for the feedback. I designed them to be able to reach behind and pull out with the hope of never needing to pull that small middle part. If I am wrong, it will suck! I will think heavily about this before I fill. I am planning on having it far enough from the wall to not be concerned with getting behind it.

What do you mean my any other drain?

cracker

Looks good Saint. I'm looking at post 104, 1st pic. You have the overflow at one end, the return at the other. As long as You leave room behind the tank, reaching back there will be ok! How do You prime the Utube for the overflow?

saintsreturn

Thanks bud. Yeah I specifically ran them on separate ends so I could access them if need be.

I primed it by a video I found on the tube. Put an air hose in and suck up air to pull water. It's wierd but that sob primed right up. I did about 14 different "power failures" and left one on overnight and it stayed primed and started right up when the power was returned

Last edited:

saintsreturn

Thank you! No idea but I like the pipe ties since they are close to the sides for me to access